For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
R

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, April 20th, 2024 1:29 AM

Service Cancelation

I called to cancel my Internet service on the last day of my billing cycle, which is today, and the rep, after trying to convince me to keep the service or to move it to my new place of residence, said that since I am calling after 7pm, the service could not be cancelled until tomorrow, and I would be charged for another full month of usage. I read online about not being able to prorate a cancellation that happens into a billing cycle, but I saw nowhere that specified having to call to do so by a certain time of day. The hours of customer service are listed as being open until 9pm CT. I called after 9pm ET, and this seems to be some sort of a scam. I definitely want to end my business with this company, and I am hoping that it will not cost me another full billing cycle to do so.

Employee

• 

159 Messages

13 days ago

Call again, that makes no sense what so ever. Hopefully you'll get more helpful rep.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

32.2K Messages

13 days ago

You called around end of day on last day of billing cycle? Calling essentially last minute is risking transactions do not process until the following day depending on the system. Should have called earlier in the cycle. Wouldn't have mattered if you were two weeks in or a few days as billing and service go through the end of the cycle.

Regardless how this turns out, in the future don't try to do things last second or you are just asking for the consequences.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

12 days ago

Retention reps get dinged for not saving the account.  Most likely he just decided as a last ditch effort from being dinged for closing your account for you, that he'd tell you that you had to pay for another month anyway and your "ding" would be on someone else rather than him.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.2K Messages

12 days ago

I concur there is a reasonable chance it was just agent avoiding a cancellation on their stats. Fine with reasonable save attempts but misinformation is inexcusable.

That being said, waiting until about the last second would still be an issue and high risk.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.