For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Fabi2425's profile

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 14th, 2023 6:57 AM

Scam!

So we had att internet. We had to cancel our service because of a move. Now when we first contacted them they helped us out and told us what our next steps were, and gave us options In Order to not cancel. We denied and they continued with our cancellation. Now, they said because we paid for the month the service would be cancelled at the end of the billing cycle and we had to return the equipment or else there was a charge. 
The following month we get a charge for another month. We call to ask why since we had already cancelled. They said the extra 19 days we used it we had to pay!!! Those are they days the first person Told us we had left on our month use. So who the (Edited per community guidelines) was right?! Just trying to get extra money out of us! They said they would only refund me 30$ out of the $100 because they had to charge me those extra days! (Edited per community guidelines)!!!   

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

1 year ago

When you cancel mid billing cycle, your disconnect will be considered effective at the end of your cycle.  You have to pay for that full month (if you haven't already, if you have paid, you will not get credited for any part of a cycle).  If the dates on the bill cover a month after the one in which you cancelled, then that would be a problem.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

Final month is not prorated or refundable 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Pretty sure no one read this part “Now, they said because we paid for the month the service would be cancelled at the end of the billing cycle” so yes we paid! And still got charged for extra days which were already paid for! 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

1 year ago

I'm still pretty sure you haven't posted any bill images and given us specific dates, etc.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.