Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
tamiehouser's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, April 16th, 2024 3:35 PM

Replace $25 Gift Card

My mom passed away and my dad just moved and we found his SBC Gift Card. It is a $25 Visa Gift Card and we were told that Gift Cards in the state of California do not expire. The card is still on it's original letter and we called the phone number on the letter instructions 1-800-798-4167 and it was not correct. We also called the customer service phone number listed on the letter: 1-877-258-1427 and was told by the AT&T call representative to call the number on the back of the card which is 1-800-798-4167. Arg! I know it is only $25, but we would appreciate assistance please. Can we get this card reissued? 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

28 days ago

Gift Cards do not expire.  Rewards cards may.  The difference is whether or not you bought the card or a company issued it as a promotion to entice you do some sort of transaction. 

The fact that you're describing it as an "SBC" card does not bode well as SBC has been doing business as AT&T for almost 20 years now.  The card issuer may not even still be in business.  It looks like to me that in 2010 AT&T was issuing cards as limited-time rewards cards (under a refer-a-friend program) using that same customer service number and the issuer was "West Suburban Bank".  West Suburban Bank has been acquired by Old Second Bank.  So, look up the customer service number for Old Second Bank and give them the Card number and see what they say.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.