Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Tifalajoie's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 21st, 2015 6:08 PM

Closed

Please do not dig up my yard without my authorization

You are trespassing on my property and I will call the police and file a report! I noticed that AT&T spray painted my grass in orange and planning on digging up my yard to install cables; I do not have AT&T and I should not have to sacrifice my beautiful landscape for you to conduct business. Please contact me immediately and repair the grass that you spray painted immediately. You do not have my authorization to place cables in my yard, you do not have my authorization to dig up my yard! If you trespass on my property, I will call the police immediately and ask your employees to leave. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

8 years ago

@longforgotten6 wrote:

Same for me. AT&T has had flags in my yard since Dec. 4, 2015. I have decided not to let them dig in my yard. I am working with the City of Charlotte to prevent any easement they might have had. If it had been done in a reasonable lenght of time and they asked my permission it would have been different.

Dream on.  If there is a utility easement recorded on your plat, they have the right to access that easement.  Any attempt on your part to prevent their legal access to it will end badly for you. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T contractors are currently digging up my yard for their uverse product. I understand that they have the legal right (not the moral right) to dig without informing me or getting permission. however when I tried to ask questions to the contractors none spoke English. I got the card from the crew boss Global General Contractor INC. My next option is to contact Immigration to try & verify the legality of the workers that AT&T is hiring. 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Billycane   ATT's not hiring them, contractor is.  Would you take the job they're doing  for probably $10-12hr? Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I went thru the same if not worse than all the complaints above.

i do not use uverse, but they dug through my yard cutting my cable tv and water line.

since they hit the main water line underneath my driveway, they had to break up 1/2 of it.  I asked that the whole drive be replaced, yet they said they would only replace half.  

While breaking up the concrete, another crack appeared in the top half of the driveway.   I pointed this out and they denied they caused it.

when replacing the grass in the yard, they placed it on top of red clay instead of topsoil and it has rained nearly everyday, yet the grass is not growing.  It has turned a dark brown, which means it will not grow.

i pled to Delta Engineering and AT&T with the response, "Sue us.  We have the easement up to your front steps of your house".

A-Holes!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

When you see the utility markings in your yard, immediately get your camera and document what your property looks like before they dig!

Otherwise, it's your word against the lying contractor that's out to deny he caused any damage.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

8 years ago

You would be wise to contact your municipal government and inquire as to where your utility easement lies.  

If any work is done within that easement, they are supposed to "leave it like they found it".  If work (or damage) is done outside the designated utility easement, there's a problem.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

They are absolutly supposed to do a search on all existing buried services before digging, to avoid cutting them.

Typically, gas, water, sewer, power, phone/data line, etc. and, they use the differant colored markings spreayed on the ground, to clearly indicate where they are, and what they are.

The companies absoulutily have to be bonded and insured to work in public easements.

But, as has been pointed out previously, the local municipality is who gives them the permits to dig, and ultimatly, they are the ones who are supposed to make the resident right (within reason) if they do property damage, including other utilities, they are the ones supposedly responsible for getting them repaired.

In any case, good luck.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

You're not telling me anything I don't already know.
Not sure why you are.
I guess you work for AT&T?

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Dornv99 wrote:
You're not telling me anything I don't already know.
Not sure why you are.
I guess you work for AT&T?

Your guess would in fact, be wrong. I am another customer just like you are.

And in any case, my comment was addressed towards anyone reading it, not anyone specifically.

Anyone, and everyone is free to avail themselves of the information and advice, or not.

In any case, my opinions are entirly my own, and do not represnt anyone else.

So, if affected, DID you get your yard damage corrected? And if so, how did you acheive it?

Thank you for sharing.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

You obviously aren't the one getting two gigantic  hideous boxes in your yard. AT&T is abhhorent for doing this without considering different location obtions.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.