Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Overthiscompany's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, December 9th, 2018 11:23 PM

LIED TO

15 year customer they’re losing because of this office. First, what company can’t give out full names of employees you’re speaking with, and second, can’t guarantee they’ll look in to a request? If you ask them to pull the call log to prove what was said, they can request to do so internally but can’t guarantee it will be done. When you ask for proof, you’re told that’s not a possibility. I asked for the name of the supervisor and was told I couldn’t get a last name, and even if I did, they wouldn’t take calls. I asked for a complaint department and was told I couldn’t be given a number. I asked for proof that I ever verbally, or gave written approval to be put in contract and they couldn’t find it. However, they definitely want a termination fee because we’re under a fictitious contract that they can’t find documentation for. I called 1-800-919-7108 and spoke with Larry, who told me twice that I could go into the store and everything be taken care of only for him to backtrack when the floor supervisor, Chrissy got on the phone. Chrissy, who told me she wanted to help me but no termination fee is ever waved explained to me that she was the floor manager and the person above her was Steven/Stephen but no last name. I asked his job title and she said um, I’m not sure maybe manager of managers? I asked her why she previously told me her boss was an area manager and she couldn’t explain. This issue all came about because the internet service AT&T offers was a complete and utter disaster and we wanted to cancel only our internet service. My husband chatted with Jessie Lynn on November 28th, which we have copies of the conversation stating if we cancelled our internet service, no fees would occur. Then my husband called today to actually cancel, spoke with Kelly who said Jessie Lynn didn’t notate that in their system so she couldn’t do anything about it. She said if we went into a store to prove Jessie Lynn said this, since we have pictures, they would waive the fee. Low and behold, Kelly didn’t notate that either! Since my husband isn’t fond of basically being called a liar and to prove this actually took place, he wanted to cancel our tv, internet, and cell phone service. I said surely it was a miscommunication and I’d call back and handle it. That’s when I spoke with Larry who told us basically the same thing Kelly did, then when I asked to speak with his supervisor Chrissy - Floor Manager got on the phone and said the previous 3 employees who told us to go in to the store to handle this were wrong. I said okay, so you’re right and they’re wrong? She said yep, the only thing the store would do in this situation would be to look at our proof that Jessie Lynn told my husband there wouldn’t be any fees and report back to them. I’m sorry but being told to prove myself and even then they still couldn’t guarantee they would oblige is absolutely ludicrous. I’ve never encountered a company so unwilling to provide information, and so eager to lose a 15 year customer who pays a monthly bill over $400 because of a contract I asked proof of and they couldn’t find. DO NOT use AT&T if you value loyalty, honesty, and customer service. I’ve never been so disappointed with a company in my life, and never again will we use this abhorrent company.

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

5 years ago

When was service installed? Standard contract with $180 Early Termination Fee per service is 12 months pro rated $15 per month per service.

If your initial contract promotion expired, and you called in for a discount instead of paying full price. Your acceptance of the new discount starts a new 12 month contract with the early termination fee applied for new term.

This is all covered in the Uverse TOS (terms of service) agreement.

Some fine print from new customer stand alone internet...

$50 Internet Offer:  Price for Internet speed tiers (10M to 100M)  after bill credit for new residential customers.  Pricing includes Wi-Fi Gateway. After 12 mos., the rate increases to $60/mo unless canceled by customer prior to end of 12 months. Prorated ETF ($180) applies if Internet is disconnected before end of 12 months.  Activ/Installation: $35 activation fee (self-install) or $99 installation (full tech install).Credit restrictions apply.  Pricing subject to change.

Edit....

RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMERS ONLY. $19.95 ACTIVATION, EARLY TERMINATION FEES ($15/MO. FOR TV; $15/MO. FOR INTERNET) FOR EACH MONTH REMAINING ON AGMT., EQUIPMENT NON-RETURN & ADD’L FEES APPLY

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Good morning,

I’m sorry I didn’t catch your name, who am I speaking with? I’m Samantha Gard, but you already know that because my name is linked to this.

We’ve had this particular service for 3 years, so not a new service. Overall, we’ve been devout AT&T customer for 15+ years. However, it wasn’t because you had the best rate, you didn’t. Nor was it your customer service or company loyalty. It was our determination to build a relationship with your company that could continue over the years.

We were dissatisfied with the service as our internet wouldn’t connect and tv kept randomly restarting, so when we received a notice in the mail that our account was going up over $60 per month, that was the last straw. My husband called to cancel in August because of the multitude of issues we were having and mentioned he didn’t appreciate the company we had been with for so long valued new clients more than existing ones. That’s when we were told AT&T didn’t want us to leave and they would fix the problem for us. Their solution was to give us a fast modem to help with internet and offer us the same price we had been paying for the last 2.5 years. We felt like our business was valued and you really wanted to work to make this better.

Flash forward to this week, we’re told by getting that new modem that put us in a promotional contract and I asked for paperwork proof this and was told there wasn’t any, only verbal communication. I said that’s fine, you record calls so I’d like to hear where they told us this was putting us under a new contact and they said calls aren’t recorded, then said oh they are but we can’t pull them, we have to request to pull them and we can’t guarantee that’ll be done. So, after your employees told me they couldn’t find any communication ever sent to myself or husband via mail or email with this new contract information and couldn’t pull the audio of any such thing, I’m left wondering where you got my permission to go under contract?

To top it all off, permission or not, contract or not, my husband spoke with your company and inquired about any fees connected with canceling our internet service and was told point blank, no fees would occur.

We have been lied to, accused of lying about being told we wouldn’t be charged, and asked to trust you when you’ve repeatedly let us down. I have proof right here but you refuse to give me an email to send it to. I’ve asked to speak with anybody in charge and can’t get a full name. You want to talk about disclosures but tell me you can’t find where they were sent to us. You tricked us into thinking you wanted to better your service to keep us but instead gave us a new piece of equipment that didn’t make anything better and you’re now telling me this meant that we were entering a new contract but had no paperwork or knowledge of this.

Well, you got us, you tricked us. It’s not the fact that you want $135 from us, it’s the fact that 1 employee told us there wasn’t a fee, we moved forward and then we’re told there is a fee. The 2 following employees we spoke with said we could resolve this by bringing proof of this to a store, and the last employee said the previous 3 were all wrong. The last employee, Chrissy - Floor Manager even told me about how she had to pay the fee. It really says something about a company when their own employees don’t use their service and that it was bad enough that they themselves cancelled. Trying to work this all out to salvage any part of a business relationship has been ruined.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

5 years ago

@Overthiscompany  This is a peer-to-peer forum.  In other words, we are customers just like you.  Also, this is a PUBLIC forum so you might want to edit out any personal information on your post.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I appreciate the information and concern, thank you.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

You wont get a full name of anyone . Its a safety issue and there are some people that will in a fit of anger stalk, harass, stake out homes etc.

You wont get transferred to the complaint department because that simply does not exist.

Also as with any company providing services if its not in writing it doesnt exist, and customer service can not pull recorded content, not all calls are recorded its random and even the rep you are speaking with at any given moment wont know if its being recorded. Thats why its stated "may be recorded" not "will be recorded" if you live in a two party consent state it will not be recorded.

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

5 years ago

"offer us the same price we had been paying for the last 2.5 years. We felt like our business was valued and you really wanted to work to make this better."

There is your new 12 month contract you agreed to. Accepting a discount rate due to regular non promo rate was "our account was going up over $60 per month

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.