Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
OKIEBuckeye's profile

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 7th, 2024 1:21 AM

Internet Cancellation

I have been attempting for the past 5 days to cancel my internet service. I have called according to ATT Procedure and placed on hold for hours while no one picks. This has become very frustrating.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

21 days ago

If you can't get the service you need by following AT&T's procedures file an FCC complaint. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

21 days ago

Call AT&T during normal business hours.

When you get the voice system say "cancel" which routes you to their retention/cancellation department.

Be prepared for agent to ask questions and try to find an option to retain your business (it is their job so be polite).

If you still cancel, it goes through at the end of the service month which means no proration of bill.

Gateway gets returned.

If after that you still cannot get cancellation setup, submit a FCC or BBB complaint. Either gets forwarded to AT&T's upper management. That usually gets you contact from their Office of the President within a few business days.

2 Messages

21 days ago

I have done that and been  placed on hold 5 hrs tonight at which time it became 9pm CST and now they are closed . Also was given an opportunity on another attempt to schedule a call back which I tried and after 3 times I  submited and where unavailable I  ran out of " attempts to scbedule" and was placed on the eyernal hold again. So much for the statement that ATT  alues my ti.e they say to to you 50 times while you are on hold.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

21 days ago

AT&T valuing your time has no way to shorten hold times. If they are short staffed or for other reasons have more customers calling than normal (or even both), they cannot magically get you to an agent faster. That is assuming they are not having any routing issues since their phone system is networked like other businesses. You are in the line that everyone else is in and don't get to jump ahead.

Your option is calling or submitting a complaint as has been mentioned. This is a public forum so none of us can personally get you on the line with an agent.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.