Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
diitto's profile

Scholar

• 

168 Messages

Monday, March 23rd, 2020 8:41 PM

How to TURN OFF AT&T Phone and Internet service

Hi, My Dad passed away nearly three years ago and my brother and I (who both live thousands of miles from my Dad's old house) chose, or at least my brother did, to keep his phone and internet ongoing such that when either one of us visited the house (my brother is still trying to decide if he wants to keep the house).

Now, and yes I DO KNOW this is a horrid time to try to contact Customer Support at any company, we want to shut off those services. Phone and Internet. How do we do that??? How do we convince AT&T that my Dad is deceased and that we are his responsible heirs and that we want his service terminated. All from thousands of miles from my dad's residence. My dad had set up the payment via autopay and each month his bill has paid through an account we have kept open just for the purpose of paying that and a couple other bills.

My brother was just there at this home and he discovered that the internet and phone no longer work. No one knows why. The Internet (DSL) certainly had issues but not the phone. But clearly we would choose to no longer pay for a service that is not functional today.

How do we do that??? How do we shut off phone/internet for a home and account of a deceased person??? thanks...

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.