Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
dbracing's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 17th, 2019 7:50 PM

For your security, your AT&T Access ID has a temporary protection lock

Unable to login my sbcglobal.net email account. Receiving, "For your security, your AT&T Access ID has a temporary protection lock".

It has been over one month. Unable to answer security questions. Those were setup 15 years ago.  I'm entering correct login/password.

Please help.

Thank you.

Associated Member

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

If the account is locked you will not be able to access or reset the password by yourself, the lock has to be taken off by att. You need to contact technical support for the type of service the email account is attached to. Call 8002882020. For example if the email was created when you opened a dsl acccount you need to contact dsl technical support, if it was with u-verse you would need to talk to u-verse technical support, but if the email is not attached to anything you would need to talk to digital assistance center. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Calling 8002882020 didn't help. Recording can't find my phone number, even though it is the same number back when I started with sbcglobal. 

Then it asked for account number, which I don't know since Att/sbcglobal hasn't been my provider for 10 years.

I'm just looking to have the temporary lock removed from my old scbglobal.net email account, which was fine until early December 2018.     

Associated Member

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

You can dial your old account number from 10 years ago or just keep on pressing 0 a lot of times until it tells you it will take to somebody who can help you, once you get somebody let them know that you need help with the email.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.