Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
cglenn5150's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, February 7th, 2018 4:47 PM

Door to door sales for AT&T internet. What a scam!

Door to door sales people came to my door about a year ago.  They enticed me into switching from Comcast to AT&T by offering the Internet 100 service with a $20 discount, and noted on the signed agreement that the discount was a permanent "forever" discount.  However, I just received an alert from AT&T that my discount will be eliminated at the end of 12 months.  I called AT&T and talked with 3 different people only to be told that it doesn't matter what the agreement says that I signed, that my discount will be going away.  It is a completely fraudulent business practice to entice someone into switching services based on an agreement that AT&T never intended to honor.  I tried to provide a copy of the agreement to the AT&T reps and they didn't want to see it. Completely ridiculous and I will be switching back to Comcast and reporting AT&T to the BBB for fraudulent business practices.  

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I don’t really care if they were contract labor or employees of AT&T. AT&T sent them to my home and they were acting as agents of AT&T. They made an offer to entice me to switch to AT&T for internet services and I accepted. The offer they made clearly states that the discount offered is permanent and not for only a short period of time. I would not have agreed to switch services otherwise. This is clearly a fraudulent and deceptive practice on the part of AT&T. Period.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

C658C220-FEEC-4F8C-AA8F-1D1B9DC949EA.jpeg

Seems pretty clear to me what I signed up for. Hard to misinterpret the word “forever”.   

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Did you ever get resolve on this issue? We had the same type AT&T “rep” come to our door, we switched as well and were told we’d have “no contract” now AT&T refuses to change services saying we have a 12 month contract with our “current agreement” 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

No.  I’ve talked with 3 different AT&T reps, including a customer loyalty rep.  They don’t care about what was offered to me in writing by the person who sold me the service at my front door.  The worst customer service that I’ve ever experienced.   I’m switching back to Comcast.   They weren’t the best either but at least they never lied to me like AT&T has done.  Hundreds of neighbors are also following this issue on my neighborhood Facebook page since many neighbors signed up for the same thing.  I suspect that the Comcast installers will be busy in my neighborhood in the near future.  

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

This is the only thing that I ever signed.  It became a contract when AT&T used this to initiate service and begin collecting $ from me.  Nowhere did I agree to anything except what is on this signed agreement. Doesn’t really matter anymore.  I just canceled.  

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

UPDATE:  The AT&T executive offices contacted me and have made things right, which I very much appreciate.  thanks

Scholar

• 

290 Messages

6 years ago

@cglenn5150

Glad to hear that corporate made things right. If you care to could you explain what they did?

Did they give you the forever discount back? Or ? 

NEVER TRUST ANY ATT SALES REPS, WHETHER CONTRACTED OR OFFICIAL.

This includes phone reps, chat reps or official ATT door to door reps. They LIE all the time. 

The best way to order AT&T services is on the official AT&T.com site. At least this way you have 

a printable order and conformation as well, and this gives you more recourse. However most of the time

you won't have any problem ordering on line and getting the product and prices shown on your bills. 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

They gave me a better deal than the one I had for the next 12 months and then a smaller ongoing discount after that. Not as good as what I signed up for but I’m ok with it. They also said that they would address this issue with the 3rd party who offered me a discount that does not exist.

Scholar

• 

290 Messages

6 years ago

@cglenn5150Quote:

They gave me a better deal than the one I had for the next 12 months and then a smaller ongoing discount after that. Not as good as what I signed up for but I’m ok with it. They also said that they would address this issue with the 3rd party who offered me a discount that does not exist.

Thanks for updating us. Good to hear they made things right. Indeed AT&T execs need to put the thumbscrews to the sales folks as many of them are outright lying to potential customers to get them to agree to ordering, then the surprise when the customer is hit with neither the product or prices they agreed to with the reps!

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Agree. It's just wrong for the door to door sales folks to promise one thing to get you to change providers only to learn months later that you're not getting what you signed up for. It's fraud period. 3rd parties doing it but they are still agents of AT&T. That said, I'm satisfied with AT&T's efforts to make it right for me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.