Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
robros's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 1:51 PM

@bellsouth.net email address after cancelling account.

Hello. I understand ATT will keep legacy email addresses (mine is from before merging with Bellsouth in Florida) forever? Can anyone please confirm? I am in need of closing my ATT Uverse account which is associated to my legacy @bellsouth.net email address that has been in existence for 20 years. Will I lose my email address or will remain in existence for free?

Is there any procedure I should initiate? Any ATT dpt. I should contact to preserve my email, please?

Regards.
Roberto.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

5. Termination or Cancellation of Service

a. Your Decision to Terminate or Continue Service.

You may cancel your Service, but if you do so before the end of any applicable term, you will be subject to the early termination fee associated with that plan as specified in your Customer Service Summary or Order Confirmation Letter. At the conclusion of your term, or at all times if you did not agree to a Term Plan, your continued Service will be provided on a month-to-month basis. If you elect to continue Service on a month-to-month basis, you should review the then current Agreement regularly at att.com/internet-terms.The then current Agreement will govern your Service. Your election to continue Service represents your agreement to the then current Agreement. When you cancel your Service, your account ID email address will remain active, as will all email subaccounts you have created. The email accounts may be accessed from the att.net Web site.

Source: ATT Terms of Service

No, you need to call any department. Just make sure that all balance is paid to prevent your email from being suspended due to non payment. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks.

It looks like the email account will remain in existence as long as all balances are paid out. Thanks again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.