For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
lbaker86's profile

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2024 3:34 PM

Att connected community grievence

I recently moved into an apartment complex that has ATT active on services for internet. ATT is the only company that services this address so I am forced to used them. I am active duty military and had an active duty fraud alert placed on my credit file, (because i had my identity stolen before) which i advised them prior to running my report. I knew that they would just have to ask a series of questions to verify my identity (even the complex i moved to had to do this process)

Their system generated some random questions based on public record (which is not always accurate) to verify my identity. None of the questions even pertained to me so I supposedly answered them incorrectly. Now they keep saying I cannot get services because Transunion has a hard freeze or alert. Even though I called Transunion on 3way with them on the line and they confirmed there is nothing stopping any company from running my report and or extending credit. They are still denying me services stating that Transunion is the reason and because there is an alert.

I went into a corporate office and provided 8 documents verifying my identity and uploaded documents and still no help. I have spent 3 days and many hours on the phone jumping through every hoop they have asked and with no solution. I just keep being told that there is nothing that they can do. I work from home 30% of the time. Without internet, I cannot do my job and my kid cannot do his online school work.

I have no active debts or anything that would stop me from getting services and have since opened a new account with my info verified through Transunion with no problem! This issue is with ATT and they refuse to fix it. The community isn’t much help either because the services are pre installed in all units, it’s up to att to put them in our name and push a button for us to be able to use them.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 month ago

File a complaint with the FCC. 

3 Messages

1 month ago

I’m feeling so defeated at this point. I have filed with BBB, BCA, sent messages on all social media platforms, the senior project manager with ATT and my property is involved and has never heard of anything like this. I’m going to file complaint with FCC now, i never thought of that. Thank you.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 month ago

The FCC complaint will go to the office of the president and will be assigned to a senior staff member who'll contact you. The BBB should have also gone to the office of the president. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.