Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

7 Messages

Monday, November 8th, 2021 8:39 PM

Tearing My Hair Out- New Construction, Extreme Difficulty Getting Address in System

My husband and I bought a new construction home in late October. The house is ready for fiber. Every neighbor has fiber with no issues (townhouse community). We entered our address on the lookup tool and it comes up, but once we select our address, the next page autocorrects to a different address in the same city but different zip code (Think 300 X Lane XXX03 instead of 300 X Way XXX04). That incorrect address is showing as 25mbps available. Address verification for our house was started 1.5-2 weeks ago, heard back nothing. Been calling every single day and the ticket has been escalated. 

Well I tried the lookup tool today and it looks like someone just manually changed the wrong address to the right one on the same entry (BUT WITH WRONG ZIP CODE- XXX03 instead of XXX04). Our address now comes up, with the incorrect zip code, and is showing 25mbps like the previous incorrect entry. They didn't actually go to our house to verify we can get fiber installed, just wrote the right street name over the wrong one. 

I am so incredibly frustrated. We need fiber internet, we can get fiber internet, no one wants to drive to the house to verify it from AT&T is what it seems like to me. Just lazy fixes that don't actually fix anything. We can't move in until this is resolved because we both work from home. Don't you want our patronage? At this point I am ready to kiss the feet of any employee that helps me with this incredibly frustrating issue. I am at a complete loss of what to do. I am trying to be incredibly clear here because I don't want to explain this issue for the 20th time to the 20th different representative. 

If a competent AT&T rep comments, I can message you with the account number and ticket number of my husband. I will give a testimonial for your amazing service, I will write a review on every platform praising you by name, I will send a letter to your superior saying you are the best representative I've ever worked with, I don't care I just want this resolved. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

until its completed and in the usps database at&t wont be able to validate your address check with the usps to see if your address has been added 

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

@Constructive  Thank you, our address is and has been in the USPS database for weeks

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

took my house 3 months to be recognized 

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

@Constructive By USPS or by AT&T? I have already verified that our address is in the USPS database. That is not the issue. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

it took 3 months after usps for my address to show on at&t 

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

@Constructive Really? In that case I guess I will try Spectrum. Thanks.

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Spectrum uses the same system I doubt it will be any faster. 

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

@Constructive Called spectrum today and made the appointment for this week with zero issues. Looks like the issue is solely on AT&Ts end. I’ll use spectrum till AT&T sorts this I guess

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.