For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Jg0823's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 2nd, 2018 9:04 PM

How can I request AT&T internet services be added in the city I moved to

I currently have direct tv and AT&T internet however I’m moving to my new home. I called to transfer my services and was informed that there no internet available in that area. I really love the internet service I have no problems what so ever. Many of my new neighbors complain how their internet doesn’t work how they would also love to be able to get AT&T internet services but can’t because it’s not available. How can we get this fixed? I’m so sure that if this became available like 90 % of people in Santa Paula CA 93060 would get AT&T services.  Help a happy current costumer stay happy ! and make future costumers happy!

Community Support

• 

231.7K Messages

6 years ago

The availability of the AT&T services depends on many factors...

Over 90% of ATT hardwired internet is copper feed from a fiber location.

These locations will service a specific area based on how the original telephone lines were installed in years/decades past.

Some areas where upgraded from DSL lines during the deployment of Uverse (2006-2015). These represent about 75% of addresses in the 21 state footprint. But about 25% of addresses have no hardwired option, either too rural, not enough addresses in area to justify deployment, outside plant owned by a different company such as Frontier, CenturyTel, etc. Or issues with local government in securing permits for desired equipment locations.

Copper deployment has stopped, there is a direct fiber underway to cover 12.5 million addresses by late 2019. This represents about 18% of all addresses thus for 80+% there will be no change till after 2020. Look forward to wireless internet with 5G or millimeter waves such as Project Airgig.

Now when there is development taking place in certain areas, the developer of these projects would need to make the request and spend the money to have these wired. That means that ATT needs to be the local ILEC. If a different company such as Frontier or CenturyTel is the ILEC the developers would need to work with them.

City/community approvals, permits, etc have to be worked out. And of course it has to make good sense for a return in investment. To spend X dollars to get back less than x+ is not

good business.

AT&TCares-

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I just moved to a new house and everyone in my sub-division really wants fiber cable. Please come put fiber cable in my subdivision.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

@LauraLocke  your request for fiber will not go any futher than this public customer forum

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

How do I get fiber installed in my area? I need to know the steps to take to get Uverse internet at my home.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

there isnt anything you can do to speed the process, it gets there when it gets there,  the expansion in service are planned, funded,engineered  years in advance and at&t keep the timelines closely guarded and are only announced when actually available for service, you can get notifications if and when its available in your area.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for a great reply. We have direct tv and AT&T is the main provider. Most neighbors currently have AT&T DSL. The main switch for AT&T in our neighborhood is a few streets up. They are doing fiber installations in my area now but my house is new construction and the builders did not request for fiber to be put in on my street. I cannot get anyone at AT&T to come out and extend the lines.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Fiber optics just got at my address. When installation was going o i called the #on the sign. I was told i would get a call about promo pricing, I haven't. I lost the # that called me. I went to my local ATT Store, ATT owned, the Rep said flyers were mailed out with the info. I didn't get a flyer. Without the flyer or code i can't get the promo pricing. Even calling & chatting no body will assist. How do i get the promo pricing?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I have access to fiber optics. I was told i'd get a call with a promo offer i haven't. My local store said i'd get a flyer for fiber optics promo too. Again i haven't. I've called chatted & messaged ATT, no one knows anything about it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

At my current address I have 25m down and 2m up(highest available at my address). Is the 2m upload speed simply a restriction with the current package I have? I can live with the download speed, but the issues I have is with inconsistent latency issues and the upload(main problem) is too low to handle anything besides super basic upload task. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Great! Thanks for the info. I will check it tonight.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.