Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
M

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, December 8th, 2020 9:25 PM

Fiber availability

I received an email today saying that fiber is available at my address, but following the link tells me fiber is not available.  I want fiber, the regular internet connection we have is too slow. Please tell me how I can get it.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

hover over the get started link in the email, whats the email address or website?

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

The sender is: attorderstatus.2002255810@oceff.att-mail.com

The link is:

https://www.att.com/internet/fiber/fiber-is-here.html?source=I-oz000000000002E&wtExtndSource=CH_C_ADD_GRE_E_DF

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

ok good then its a valid email. but i have no answer as to why you received the email yet not available

Scholar

• 

4K Messages

3 years ago

Do you have aerial service or underground utilities? Double check using this link: https://www.att.com/availability/

Have you seen any AT&T activity recently around your neighborhood or have you moved in the last 1 year or 2?

Dave

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I’ve seen spools marked as fiber on the main road (about 1 mile away from home).  I do not know if the were from ATT though.  We currently have ATT service (cable for internet limited to <25mb, DirectTV for television, service in my parents name).  

The availability link only shows what we currently have as being possible at our address.  I signed up for the fiber notification a few days ago via a link found on Facebook using the same address, not sure why I got the email today.

Scholar

• 

4K Messages

3 years ago

Then it is not yet available but appears it might be on it's way or someone hit the wrong button and set the email. Have you had anyone leave a AT&T Fiber door hanger on your front door?

Until it shows as available you can't order. But just to double check try a couple of your neighbors addresses to make sure that someone did not drop a number while entering data.

You did not answer if your utilities are aerial or underground? 

Have you seen any trenching or trucks and workers pulling long spools of cable or big spools of bright orange plastic tubing?

Dave

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

The utilities are aerial.  I haven’t seen work being done recently, only seen spools alongside the road in a few places labeled as fiber.  I work to the northeast and fiber lines seem to be coming from the south, so if work is being done during the daytime I haven’t seen it.  I was very hopeful when I got the email, but I suppose I’ll need to be patient a while longer.  

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I will check poles next time I’m out walking the dog, hard to check safely while driving.  This is one of the spools I’ve seen, this particular one is about 10 miles away but I’ve seen them closer to home before.  Tried to zoom in, but wasn’t able to clearly capture the labels to find out which company is installing it.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.