For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
7deadlysins7's profile

4 Messages

Monday, April 15th, 2024 8:44 PM

Refused service even though next door neighbor has.

Hello, to whom it may concern.  I have a new construction build and have been with att for 9 plus years. I wanted to switch my service to my new house. My next door neighbor 20 feet from me has service with you. I was denied service and told its not available and they would not install. No other options were given to me to help me get internet and keep my service with you so I was forced to cancel. This is super unacceptable I feel like coming from a company as big as yours. Like wow! You can connect a line from next door? You really know how to make your loyal customers feel unappreciated.  

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

16 days ago

https://www.att.com/internet/availability/

when checking various addresses on your street, can all receive fiber? Some? Or just neighbor?

New construction address is likely not in the database, if others have fiber option, need to call requesting address validation case be opened, given a case number. Would expect about 3 to 4 weeks for engineering to verify address and add to database.

If the neighbor is the only one with fiber they likely have Dedicated Business fiber with pricing starting around $500 per month for internet 10/10 and increases with faster tiers.  Dedicate Fiber is multi year contract.

Could also if ATT AIR, a 5G FWA product with fiber to the cell tower is an option.

4 Messages

16 days ago

Yes, I was told others in my area have it. Neighbor is not a business 🙄 

They did not provide me with other options.  

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

16 days ago

@7deadlysins7 

Do you have USPS Mail service at your new address? Is there another house on the other side of your new address in addition to the one in your original post? Do you have overhead utilities or underground utilities?

The first step is for your address to be added to the USPS Database, AT&T will not have your new address in their Database until the your address is registered with USPS.

It may be that your next door neighbor is the last address serviced. The only way to know if for you to take a look around and post some details.

Dave

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

16 days ago

Check each address on your left and right yourself. 

https://www.att.com/shop/unified/availability.html

Do you see any Att equipment in or near your yard? Aerial or underground utilities. 

4 Messages

16 days ago

Yes I have mailbox and usps service.

Have Electric pole with electric buried.  

At front of our property on the electric pole is att equipment 

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

16 days ago

@7deadlysins7 

What about having a house on both sides of you which show AT&T Fiber available today? Could you post a picture of the AT&T Equipment on the pole? How big is your property? Regular size lot or larger rural property? You are looking for the Orange tag near the Pole with a Black number indicating a Fiber terminal is there and has open ports.

How long have you had Mail service?

Dave

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

16 days ago

Have you put your address in the link above?

Pictures of the pole and wires, Att equipment. 

4 Messages

16 days ago

address has been in system for over 6months. Mail box set 2 weeks ago 

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

16 days ago

So your property is on the left within the red lines? What are the Yellow markings? Do you have an address on 112th ST N?

We need to know exactly where the pole is with the AT&T services and you need to find the Orange tag with the Black Numbers/letters to locate the nearest Fiber terminal.

Older Fiber terminal

Newest Evo Fiber terminal on a messenger wire

Dave

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.