Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Pernicious's profile

3 Messages

Sunday, May 5th, 2024 1:53 AM

ONT Install

Good evening,

I am having a tech come out and install an ONT so I can use my own gateway. The lady on the phone mentioned that there may be a $99 service fee. Is this a service they bill for?

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

3.9K Messages

14 days ago

Yes since you already have a working configuration expect the $99 truck roll fee. The tech's are not supposed to install a stand-alone ONT when using a BGW320. The need a managers approval to make this change.

Could it happen yes but it is very unlikely.

Dave

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

3.9K Messages

14 days ago

If the tech has a BGW210-700 on the truck and a stand-alone ONT then the tech should make the install and you will be told to return the BGW320 to AT&T. You will have 21 day. 

Dave

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

14 days ago

I am having a tech come out and install an ONT so I can use my own gateway.

You're doing what?  Please explain further.

3 Messages

14 days ago

I have the provided BGW320 with the built-in ONT. I am having a tech come out and install an external ONT so I can use my own Pfsense appliance as my gateway router.

(edited)

3 Messages

14 days ago

Will I have to give up the BGW320 right away if I want the external ONT?

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

14 days ago

I would expect the tech to install a BGW 210 and remove the BGW 320.

To have external ONT with BGW 320 installation by the tech requires a manager approval for the tech to close the job.

I would expect the dispatch service fee as this is in essence a Dispatch On Demand for equipment move / relocation as there is nothing wrong with the working service.

Your gateway will have the authorization certificate(s) to have working service to connect to the internet. 
The fiber connects to the ONT then Ethernet from ONT to equipment. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

13 days ago

For the records, AT&T is not doing this under the understanding that you can use your pfSense router.  If they end up doing this at all, the official expectation is that you will be using the BGW320, or a BGW210 replacing it, with the ONT.  That is how AT&T requires their service to be used.  Thus, you will retain a gateway.

Any other configuration is not supported by AT&T and cannot be discussed on these forums.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.