For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
g1barron's profile

2 Messages

Thursday, April 25th, 2024 6:55 PM

how to contact at&t fiber installation dept.

AT&T was to install fiber in my subdivision back in 2022, as of today they have not installed on my street.  A friend of mine lives 2 miles away in the same subdivision and had fiber installed on his street a year ago.  How do I contact someone to find out when it will be installed.  I signed up for the notification back in 2022.  I'm still waiting.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

10 days ago

A subdivision 2 miles long, that's a large area...

Each fiber buildout is limited in scope and not necessarily all within will receive the service especially if build in phases. Was your friends section a new expansion phase or older section compared to yours.

With ATT end of 1st quarter 2024 the company reports 27 million addresses now have direct fiber availability with expected to be 30+ million. With 90% completed if you do not see fiber deployment started by you before end of this year I suspect your future ATT fiber potential will be to the cell tower with ATT AIR as the option.

Employee

• 

160 Messages

10 days ago

https://bizcommunity.att.com/topics/construction-engineering-assistance/5def8f0430b80f78b677264f

2 Messages

10 days ago

There are over 2000 homes in this subdivision.  At one time we had our own water and sewerage system and fire dept.  But that got to expensive, so the county took it over.  We are still a gated community.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

10 days ago

The largest PFP supports 864 addresses, that means your gated community subdivision would need a minimum of 3 separate fiber builds to cover the entire area… not likely to happen as viewing past deployments will be spread around the zip code. Example my zip code has 15,000 addresses and last I checked only about 6500 has fiber, we would need another 1000 fiber addresses added to approach 50% coverage which is the overall expectation of the 21 state footprint… 30+ million fiber out of 60+ million addresses.

https://broadbandnow.com/ATT

click on the map, then select fiber then zoom in to points of interest to view how neighborhoods are being covered, some zip codes are over 80+% fiber (generally where Google Fiber also exists) and some are less than 20% but the combined average is 50% by end 2025.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.