Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
enronloser2's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, November 15th, 2018 3:48 PM

Closed

How do I get in contact with local AT&T dispatch team?

My question is in the title, but my story is this:

About mid-summer, fiber internet was run to my neighborhood. I signed up for fiber internet in mid-August and had a technician come to my house to install it about a week later. My neighborhood is a circle, and when it was initially run it was connected to the utility boxes for the houses on the inner part of the circle. I live on the outer part. I understand why AT&T did this, but it is a major problem now. So the technician that came in August couldn't complete the install because the cable needed to be run under the street to the outer part of the circle. He placed an order for that work and scheduled to come back out about 2 weeks later.

Two weeks later (early September), the technician comes back. There are flags in my yard to mark utilities, but the contractor never came to run the cable. He contacts scheduling to escalate the case. He is told that the contractor has had large turn-over and is delayed due to training new employees. AT&T calls to setup a new time for a technician to come back out in early  October. The utilities are marked again.

The technician appointment arrives, and he still cannot complete his work because the contractor still hasn't shown up to bury the cable under the road. He seems frustrated for us but there is little he can do and he leaves.

We eventually received a message from AT&T stating that cable will be buried on a date (I don't remember the date but sometime in mid-October, 2 months after the initial order is placed). Utilities are marked again. Around the date provided by AT&T, the contractor comes out to bury cable under the road at 3 houses on my side of the street, my house being the last one on the order. They complete the first house with little issue and move to the second house. They try burying cable at the second house for about 45 minutes, then stop. They tell my neighbor that they have hit too many rocks and might need to send another team out to bury cable at the 2nd house, but also say they'll come back the next morning to try one more time. The contractor leaves for the day. And... the contractor never comes back. They never even tried to run the cable at my house. So now it's 3 months after my order with no installation in sight. My neighbor (the house the contractor stopped at) has been waiting nearly 4 months. On October 26, I receive a text from AT&T saying "The date to bury the cable has changed and will be completed by 10/2." I'm hoping that was a typo, but if not, I am not waiting another year for this.

I have called AT&T customer service multiple times throughout this ordeal just to get a status update. No one ever seems to know what is going on. My case has been "escalated" a couple times, but at this point, that means nothing. A technician came back out yesterday (November 14) but, again, he couldn't do anything since the cable hasn't been run under the street. He said that the entire outer circle in my neighborhood has had a similar experience. After the technician left yesterday I got on customer service chat. The agent said that this was a contractor issue that should be investigated and that he would place a request with a local dispatch manager to contact me in 2 hours. Well, 2 hours came and went. Twenty-four hours later, still no call from the local team. I would really like contact from the local team to explain what is taking so long. I haven't asked for free services from AT&T because of this so the least they can do is just acknowledge my issue.

So back to my original question, how can I get in contact with the local dispatch team for an explaination/update?

Sorry for the long post.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for the information and the phone number you provided!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I too would like information on how to get a hold of dispatch!! I have called AT&T’s customer service, who have dropped the ball now for several days and with NO APOLOGIES, they now tell me that dispatch is telling them that the soonest they can have someone come out to my house is Monday which I find unacceptable since this was their error. No one at customer service seems to care to help resolve my issue so I’d like to speak with dispatch myself. 

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

I’m on the same boat.  I feel for you

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having similar problems with customer service. It seems they have little to no regard or remorse when they mess up. I have to wait a week for someone to come fix the line that has been cut by lawn maintenance since it has not been buried for over 7 months! Was told that someone would come today and found out that was a lie. After this was brought to their attention, all they say is "this is the best I can do." Insufficient at best. Not a happy customer and am looking into other options. Will tell everyone I know about this as well. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

AT&T has provided terrible service!!! *****poor!

I signed up for new service and was told it was a “self install” and equipment would be mailed out. After waiting almost 2 weeks, I called to ask why it had not been mailed and was told a technician had to come out and this was not something that could be self install. How could they not know this when I initially signed up. 

Then I was told the technician would come out a day and hours I never agreed to. So I gave them a date. It’s been over a month dealing with this! I called again and was told in the same call, it was self install and that a technician had to come out. The “dispatch team” wherever they are is terrible. The whole company is terrible! They still have not shown up!!! 

Maybe AT&T should close down until they figure out better customer service since they are obviously having difficulties grasping this basic concept.

[word filter avoidance]

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Pretty typical for AT&T. We’ve had nothing but horrible experiences with them. I’m currently on the phone with someone, who is most definitely in another country, trying to rectify an issue I was told had already been fixed three different times. 
I despise this company. Unfortunately,  this is the only service provided in our rural area. 
pretty disgusting that a company of this size chooses to outsource to save a dime rather than keep business local so we can have better customer service. 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I would like the number for dispatch please!!!

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

4 years ago

@lizwitham1 

For all things Uverse support including dispatch, to schedule a repair appointment... 800.288.2020

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Our business phone line has been down for over a month now. As a small business owner, it is crucial that customers can contact our store can receive calls. We've called at least three times and they keep telling us that the issue will be resolved, and that the issue is outside of our phone line. When the outside line was fixed, they never fixed our individual line. When we scheduled an appointment today, they just contacted us that they dispatched a technician. It has been two hours and no technician is in site. As a small business owner, this is really stressful as we now have to manage our customers through forwarded calls. 

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Is your phone line connected to your Internet service?  If not, why on earth did you seek out a post in the Internet forum from four years ago and has nothing to do with phone service?

As a business account, you should be asking for help in the Business forum.

https://bizcommunity.att.com/

Closing this thread.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.