For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
tkennedy1987's profile

2 Messages

Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 11:41 PM

Getting fiber cable buried

I had a fiber wire repaired/ installed 2-6-24. The date quoted for latest to bury was 2-13-24. I have been no showed and canceled on several times now, it is currently the 22nd.When I called today to get an update I was told they would get to it when they could, nothing else they could do. At this point I'm looking for another internet provider due to how rude and unprofessional the fiber bury team has been. Had a text chat with another representative after that, was told I would receive a call from the escalation team since it has almost been a month of the cord being exposed. And imagine that..no one has called me still. 

Was also told a credit would be applied to my account for the inconvenience. A $4 credit was placed on my account. Four dollars for waiting a month for the wire to be buried, receiving rude texts from the teams who are supposed to bury the cord, and spending much of the day today trying to get help with the issue. Horrible customer service, worst I have experienced 

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

2 months ago

Not sure who told you the wiring would be buried by the 2-13… burial requests are handled by the Bury Center that uses local contractors in most areas of the footprint. The burial center contacts you after having a confirmation date from the contractor. 

In northern states such as Ameritech region which includes the Midwest north of the Ohio River burial services are not performed when ground is frozen and can create a 2 to 3 month backlog. I generally expect wiring to be buried within 30 days of installation (2-6 to 3-5 but in northern states may be April or May before buried), not one week (2-6 to 2-13). 

(edited)

2 Messages

2 months ago

Told by the tech who installed the wire and via email from AT&T that it would be buried by the 13th. It's texas the ground doesn't freeze here to create a backlog. Have been contacted several times by the burial center stating they are sending someone only to no show on the date stated. 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I have been trying for 3+ months only to get the run around and no one knows what is going on. I have now filed a complaint with the FCC and got in contact with the City. Someone is going to get hurt because of this. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.