For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
D

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 10:04 PM

Can I pay to have fiber ran from next-door neighbors house less than 100ft away?

I've called AT&T several times to request that a fiber line be ran from the AT&T node/box in my neighbor's yard behind me (where fiber service is available) to my house several times and was told the engineers will look into it and they will call me back. No one has ever gotten back to me. Our houses are less than 100ft apart, with no roads, sidewalks, or obstacles interfering with a fiber run. I've mentioned every time I call that I am willing to pay $5,000 and sign a 10 year service agreement. What will it take to have this done? If I run a fiber line from my house to directly next to the node will AT&T hook it up and let me pay them for service? Is there a way I can actually talk to a decision maker about this rather than getting firewalled by the sales team every time I call?

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 years ago

Your street address is on the same street as the neighbor? Not around the corner, or in back of adjoining property?

Each fiber buildout is planned for a select set of addresses, if the neighbor is on a street planned and your street is not, need to wait as ATT continues a 2nd (5) year buildout (2021-end 2025) to reach additional 15 million addresses as did the first 5 year build from 2016 to end 2020.

Or order dedicated business fiber, plans start around $550 per month for a 10/10 connection with higher monthly rates for faster speeds. 

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 years ago

@morph27 

That is a dedicated business fiber line with 1:1 connection not the residential 1:32 fiber splitter. Includes a SLA and multi year contract required. 

Remember business class service not residential….

https://www.business.att.com/products/att-dedicated-internet.html

How much do you think some big businesses are paying such as IKEA or any other company and the amount of bandwidth (10G or 100G service)?

For about $2200 (?) a month could likely order 1G.

Last price listing found online was early 2020 around time Covid was becoming know.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Our houses are back-adjoined, so different streets. I understand that a rollout may happen in my neighborhood eventually. In the meantime, I would like to run a 75 ft line to my house. If I run a fiber line (with the correct specifications and terminations, after speaking with an installer) from my house to the node, ATT won't let me give them my money to literally plug it in and turn on my service?

(edited)

• 

225 Messages

3 years ago

No they won’t, your neighbors street has fiber service terminals that are assigned to that street.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 years ago

To receive assignments at PFP and fiber terminal requires an installation by tech.

To havens tech install requires ability to order service at an approved planned for address.

Until ATT plans for your street, turns on the addresses green for ordering you cannot hook up to fiber, only copper fed service which could include FTTN (fiber to the node) with speed tier of 100/20, 75/20, 50/10, 25/5, 25/2 depending on the copper loop length from fiber fed VRAD and if bonded or single pair option. 

• 

268 Messages

3 years ago

They probably wouldn't have a way to bill you because your address is not yet serviceable for fiber. A big corporation like AT&T has to go by the books as far as when selling something to someone it has to officially be available

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.