For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jvasquez33's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, April 10th, 2018 11:23 PM

ATT Fiber Nightmare

So today was the day I was supposed to get my fiber service, but apparently ATT didn't install a terminal on the pole next to my house! Dude shows up and asks where my current modem is, I show him he looks around and immediately "oh dude you don't have an attic, can't run fiber". I'm like what, just run it the same way this one is set up along the bottom of the eaves like everything else? He says "nope, can't do that". Now i'm thinking to myself, is this guy that lazy or is there some sort of technical reason, which turns out there is none whatsoever, yup just being lazy.

So then we walk outside to check the pole, he looks up for a bit then is like "dude this isn't fiber ready, there is no terminal for it, ill have to call it in". Now im pretty forgiving for errors by companies, it happens but to completely not install a terminal which feeds 4 houses is a pretty big mistake. So now its estimated 2 weeks for them to come and install a terminal.

Now my question is, was the dude out of his mind saying he couldn't run the line coming from the pole, alone the eaves of the roof into my room (which already has holes in the wall feeding into the room)?? I've install my own lines before, but never fiber so had to ask.

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

6 years ago

We recently had fiber installed too.  The tech located the distribution terminal about half a block away.  Ran fiber from that point to another pole, then to the house.  If indeed this part is missing in your neighborhood then the tech can't really complete the install.  Aside from that, there's all sorts of way of getting the cable into the house.  If you have existing cables run a certain way he should be able to duplicate that.  Our install tech attached the NID to ONT fiber to an existing coax and phone cable bundle to anchor to.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Yea gonna have to wait and see what the next guy says when they add the fiber terminal. From the pole to our house where all the lines pretty much meet (cable and phone lines), they run on a lip under the eave of the roof from the back of the house to the front of the house to my room through a hole. So  I'm not entirely sure what that dude was talking about.  Even the holes into the room are there already too.

Would really blow if they really couldn't run the fiber line the same way they did with the coax and phone lines along the eave.  Only other option would be to get Spectrum which is available in the area.

Buena Park, 90620

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Called today and sadly they have no ETA when they are going to install the fiber terminal on the pole to provide the fiber service. And they refused to change the rate of what im paying for, $60 for 24mbits which sadly is straight theivery at this point. No other choice so I just cancelled the service and switched to Spectrum. It was a good run ATT.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.