Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
derricki87's profile

2 Messages

Monday, July 24th, 2023 9:41 PM

AT&T Fiber installation question

Before AT&T fiber is installed must the home builder have conduit from the outside into the house in order to pull the fiber into the house? We are curious to see if AT&T will do this as we are not sure the builder has done this yet.

Accepted Solution

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

10 months ago

Will ATT drill hole(s) into your new construction house is install fiber service?

Yes, including installing a NID, possible outside conduit from ground to NID if have service buried.

But once inside the home, no conduit is installed unless you have it done beforehand.

The tech will install flexible fiber from the NID to the gateway/ONT location after determining desired location which includes accessibility. In our Midwest area most homes have basements, if have unfinished basement or drop ceiling pretty straight forward.

Did you builder install / provide a wiring closet or some point where all wiring comes together, that is the most likely lace to have fiber. If the builder installed flex conduit with pull string that is where the fiber will go to.

2 Messages

10 months ago

Thanks for your response, yes we have a basement as well and all of the CAT 6 cables that I had the home builder place jacks around the house including AP's all feed into the basement in a closet where I will mount a lock box for our Fiber modem, PSU, etc. 

I can never get a clear answer from this builder so I was curious and posted this question. I talked to one of their contractors who did all of the CAT 6 cable pulls for the house and said he went out through the wall. Which is what I'll have AT&T do. I assume he means into our garage as that's where the fuse panel is located, for the electric.

Another reason is I didn't want to have any hold ups when the AT&T tech comes on site. But I'm pretty sure it can be handled.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.