For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jdizzy562's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, October 18th, 2018 10:44 PM

What Gigabit Network card to buy for Atnt Fiber

I am paying for the Atnt Fiber 1000mb Service what would be the best option to buy for a Networking Card to buy online? wired interface to go with my gaming pc for increased download and lower pings. I am currently using my I219V Intel gigabit embedded adapter on my motherboard.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

6 years ago

You have a gigabit ethernet adapter on your motherboard you don't need to buy another NIC.  

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

@jdizzy562 wrote:

I am paying for the Atnt Fiber 1000mb Service what would be the best option to buy for a Networking Card to buy online? wired interface to go with my gaming pc for increased download and lower pings. I am currently using my I219V Intel gigabit embedded adapter on my motherboard.

There are a fair  number of threads along the same lines. Of people with PCs unable to pull full bandwidth out of their 1Gbps connection. I agree with @oufanindallas it's highly unlikely the NIC would be the cause of poor performance .  Haven't seen many positive conclusions to the reports yet.

What is the RG reporting for speed and what are you seeing  from speed Test on PC?

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

6 years ago

If your speed is above 700mbps then you are getting the advertised speeds. If you look it says speeds of 500 - 950mbps are to be expected.  What issues are you experiencing?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

I think my issue has been resolved I am getting these speeds while running downloads in steam now. 

speedtest1.JPG

1 Attachment

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

@jdizzy562

Can you clue us in to what was done to resolve?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

disabled IPV6 and I also ran a program called sg tcp optimizer and changed a few settings.

Basically followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7MObaoxj3w

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

IPv6 is off as a default on att RGs as I understand it. 

If windows 10 tcp defaults don’t work correctly for a 1Gbps connection, would have expected to read more about. 

However, it’s good to hear your situation is improved. 

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

In my Atnt Gateway Settings it was enabled. So I disabled it there

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

What model and what firmware level of RG. As I said, a factory defaulted device has the value set to off. 

Out of curiosity, have you tried turning the setting back on to see if the speed issue returns?

FWIW, tcp optimizer is a tool that was born of the days of windows 95. To see this thing rear its head again is like reliving a nightmare.

...And the word he was looking for is deprecated, not depreciated. 😉

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

It's a Pace 5268AC with a firmware version of 10.7.0.530220-att Is that the latest one ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.