For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
beetle1992's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 6:26 PM

Use Third Party Router with AT&T Fiber Residential Gateway

Is there a way to use a third party router (e.g., Linsys, tp-link, etc.) with the AT&T Fiber Residential Gateway. My intent is to turn off the WiFi on the gateway and use the third party router's WiFi capabilities. I would still have devices hardwired to the gateway via ethernet cables.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

4 years ago

Yes. Just place the gateway in pass through mode. There are specific instructions if you Google for them unless someone posts a current link. You can still use an ethernet connection with the gateway as well.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

4 years ago

@OttoPylot 

Thanks for being sooo helpful.   Google 'pass through mode' (ignoring the fact that you don't know which gateway the OP has) and then hoping someone else can actually point to a link.

You don't have AT&T service, your posts here are often wrong or misleading because you have no experience with the actual hardware and service and yet you persist.  Why are you here, trying to run up your badge count?

@beetle1992 

Sorry for that.  Otto's one helpful bit of info is that you can indeed still use the Ethernet ports on the gateway.  Here's a link that outlines the procedure for using a third party router.  If you have a BGW gateway, follow the IP Passthrough instructions for the Motorola gateways and if you have the Pace, use the instructions for enabling DMZPlus.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

4 years ago

@tonydi You're something else. Don't care about post counts because they are basically meaningless but you did do exactly what I was hoping someone would do, and that's post a link that I didn't have quick access to.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

4 years ago

You're something else.

Says the person who comes into a HELP forum and says "Google it".

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

4 years ago

But you did exactly what I was hoping someone would do so thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.