Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
WantGoogleFiber's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 19th, 2017 8:09 PM

Slow download, fast upload on 100M

I am getting really slow download while always having very fast uploads.  2M download and 90 to 100M upload is typical.  What's up with that?  Anyone have similar observations?  I see similar issues in a Gigabit thread.  Anyone else?

Community Support

• 

232K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @WantGoogleFiber,

We are sorry about the issues you are having with your download speed. Are you connected wired or wireless? If wireless, try connecting hard wired. Make sure you are connected directly to your gateway, and for testing purposes, test with just the one device active. If still having troubles, try disabling the IPv6. You can find out how to do so here.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same problem, same service BGW210-700 AT&T router.  I find that my "EDUP" 1607 wifi 600 mbps dongle gives me 1mbps download and 120mbps upload.  My Panda pau06 300 mbps dongle gives me 65mbps both ways.  I'm guess there is a hardware incompatibility in there somewhere, but I have yet to find it.  I tried both dongles on different PCs to see if it was software/configuration related and i get the exact same performance.  On a blog someone reported the same issue (different hardware and service) and said that disabling WMM support solved the problem (https://www.ybrikman.com/writing/2012/02/19/got-slow-download-but-fast-upload/).  However, on this router I have found no such setting.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.