Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
richlundy's profile

• 

4 Messages

Monday, June 19th, 2023 6:12 AM

How to enable/disable IP Passthrough on BGW320-500

What are all of the steps required to enable IP Passthrough on the

BGW320-500? I’ve read a couple of different things, so I just want to be thorough. Lastly, after it has been properly configured, if I decide to revert back and disable Passthrough, how do I log back into the BGW320-500? Do I have to use an Ethernet cable? Do I use the same (original) IP address of the BGW320-500?

Thank you so much for your help!

Accepted Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

11 months ago

http://www.devonstephens.com/how-to-enable-ip-passthrough-on-att-bgw320-505/

Turn off the gateway Wi-Fi, firewall and packet filters. Use the router firewall and Wi-Fi. 

You will still use the gateway access code and web address as long as you are home and using Wi-Fi or a wired connection. 

http://192.168.1.254

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

thank you so much for your time. How do I view the public WAN Address that AT&T is passing through the fiber modem to the main DECO unit after these changes have been made? When I open the Deco management app and go to more and go to Internet connection, I see 192.168.1.65. How do I view the IP address coming from AT&T that’s passing through to the Deco x55 main unit?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

11 months ago

If you see 192.168.1.65, then the Deco has not yet acquired the public address via IP Passthrough.  The DECO may be holding on to an address it got for half of the DHCP timeout of 1 day (by default) before requesting another.  Try turning the DECO off for 5 minutes and back on.  If that fails, see if there's a way to manually request it refresh its IP.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

11 months ago

You could also try rebooting the Deco router. 

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

I’m struggling through this a bit still. I believe my Deco x55 mesh units are the problem, but I’m looking for feedback/ideas. AT&T & TP-Link (Deco) are pointing fingers at each other. To prove that the AT&T gw is properly working in pass through mode I set it up to use dhcp-s fixed pointing to the MAC of a Windows PC wired directly to the AT&T gw. When I refresh the dhcp lease on that computer, it is receiving the public, routable address from AT&T. However, when I change the AT&T gw to point to the MAC of the main deco unit (in router mode & wired directly into the AT&T gw)- it will not get the public IP from AT&T. I tried promoting one of the deco satellites to the main unit, changed the AT&T gw to point to it’s MAC (turned all of the deco mesh units off for 10 mins), then powered them back up, but have the same results (the newly promoted main deco will not display the public, routable IP from AT&T).

All of this seems to rule out AT&T and points to deco. Anyone agree/disagree?

I’m at whits end with the terrible tech support I’m getting from TP-Link/Deco.

Help? 😀

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

11 months ago

Is the gateway connected to the Deco wan port?

Might be time to find a tplink forum for help. 

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

The deco x55’s do not have a dedicated WAN port. There are 3 ports and I’ve tried them all on 2 different units now. Thanks for the quick post!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.