Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
ren10's profile

1 Message

Sunday, July 23rd, 2023 7:56 PM

Ethernet works, wifi not listed under available networks to connect to

Background

I recently moved addresses and had a free Fiber installation. I've noticed that the wifi will go down almost every day in the middle of the night. Because of the timing, I didn't pay it much mind.

The Problem

Today I woke up to discover that none of my devices are able to find/connect to wifi. My ethernet still works fine, but I work from home and need to be able to connect to wifi.

Additional Info

SmartHomeManager is unable to find any issues with my service. The lights are all blinking green on my gateway. I've reset the gateway multiple times, and have tried disconnecting power from it. I live in an area with poor phone service, so calling for help often leads my call getting dropped. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

10 months ago

Using your Ethernet-connected PC, connect to your Gateway at http://192.168.1.254/ , check on the Home Network > Wi-Fi page to see if your SSID is what you think it should be.  Some times gateways do a spontaneous Factory Reset and change the SSID and passphrase back to the manufacturing default [this normally only happens on the fairly rare occurrence of a failed firmware version upgrade, but lately there have been a few additional reports of it].   If this has happened, do another, manual Factory Reset (hold in the button on the back of the Gateway for 10 seconds).  Then reset your SSID and passphrase.

Tutor

• 

28 Messages

10 months ago

Oh, wow.  I know what these terms mean, and even did that when I first got U-verse.  A home user with spare time can fumble their way through this process.  But if you are not a frequent user of tech at the level where these terms and activities are very familiar, then it takes a while, using self-help forums.  It would be a NIGHTMARE to need to do this in the middle of a workday.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.