For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Ugh_A_T_T's profile

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 25th, 2023 5:28 PM

Device not working with Fiber

I have a device that was working fine until my Internet was changed to Fiber.  The device requires a router set to use DHCP to provide it with an IP address. Can anyone tell me the specifics about the new modem and how to tell if it is set to use DHCP?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

To help you determine if your new modem/router is set to use DHCP and provide IP addresses to your devices, please follow these steps:

1. Identify the make and model of your new modem/router. This information can usually be found on a sticker on the device or in the documentation provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) when you switched to fiber.

2. Access the modem/router's settings by connecting your computer to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable or wirelessly. Once connected, open a web browser and type the modem/router's default IP address in the address bar (usually 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, or 10.0.0.1). Press Enter.

3. You will be prompted to enter a username and password. This information can be found in the documentation provided by your ISP or on a sticker on the modem/router itself. Common default credentials are "admin" for both username and password, or "admin" for the username and "password" for the password. However, these may vary depending on the manufacturer.

4. Once logged in, navigate to the settings related to LAN (Local Area Network) or DHCP. This section might be labeled differently depending on the modem/router's manufacturer, but some common labels include "LAN Setup," "Local Network," "DHCP Server," or "IP Address Distribution."

5. Look for an option that allows you to enable or disable DHCP. Ensure that DHCP is enabled. This setting is usually a checkbox or a toggle switch labeled "Enable DHCP," "DHCP Server," or something similar.

6. Save your changes and reboot the modem/router if prompted.

7. To confirm that your device is now receiving an IP address via DHCP, power cycle the device (turn it off and then back on) and check its network settings. It should show an IP address assigned by your modem/router.

If you continue to have issues or need more specific guidance based on your modem/router's make and model, please provide that information, and I'll be happy to assist further.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.