For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
1mNotkey's profile

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 17th, 2024 6:23 AM

BGW320-505 DMZ Questions.

So I am fairly new to all this settings for gaming I used to have Windstream and the guy who came out to set it up was a gamer so he did a whole bunch to get me the best settings. I have since switched to AT&T fiber and have the Modem/Router above. My question is that If I activate IP Passthrough and list my PS5 as the target is that the same as putting it in the DMZ. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

13 days ago

Yes, IP Passthrough is even called DMZplus mode in the firmware on some Gateways.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

13 days ago

So, Do you know which settings I should use for my PS5. There are a couple and I would rather be safer than sorry.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

13 days ago

Keep in mind what you are doing is directing all unsolicited traffic from the Internet at your PS5, basically removing any protection from having a NATting router in front of it.

Go to the Firewall page and turn on put it in Passthrough, and choose DHCPS-Fixed and select your PS5 from the dropdown.  I'd advise increasing the DHCP lease time from 10 minutes to 12 hours.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

12 days ago

If connecting directly to gateway, what is the point of bothering with ip passthrough.  What do you think you’re accomplishing?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

12 days ago

IP Passthrough accomplishes port forwarding all the ports with one setting, which is very, very tedious otherwise.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.