For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
vfpete's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, April 21st, 2018 8:43 PM

ATT Fiber Internet going down daily at the same time.

I have been using ATT Fiber for more than a year, after switching from Comcast as they did not have Giga speed in my area. 

It was been working fine, except for the past 7-10 days, my internet connection goes down. I mean the router is also not able to get to the internet. The second green light on router is blinking.

The service technician came down and checked everything  and said there were so bios upgrade issues. He recommended to reset the router if it happens again. 

It has been happening daily and I have reached out to him and his manager and both are not responding. I do not have the time to keep resetting my router daily at that time. I am going to give it a couple of days to see if ATT is going to fix this, before canceling and switching to Comcast.  Comcast now have Giga speed in my area and giving me a great deal to switch. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

What's interesting is that it goes down the same time daily - 2:53 pm.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I’m having a similar issue.  Recently”upgraded” to fiber.  System now crashes at least 5 - 10 times a day.  Technician changed the fiber wiring to the house, then they changed the switch location at the “box.”   When neither worked, they upgraded the modem.  When that didn’t work, they resecured the connection at the “box”.  Now they want to re-wire to the house again which I have no confidence will fix the problem.  Technician and supervisor keep repeating the same failed solutions and will not escalate nor will they tell me who to escalate to.  I work from from home and very frustrated.  

Scholar

• 

96 Messages

6 years ago

Just curious, do you all live in the same area?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Atlanta. You?

Scholar

• 

96 Messages

6 years ago

Michigan, and fortunately I have not experienced that problem. But I thought maybe the three that posted the same outage issue may have been in the same service area versus around the country.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Alpharetta, GA. 

I am surprised and disappointed that ATT cannot figure this out. Like clockwork the internet goes down at 2:53 pm daily. I mean my router is not able to get to internet. This has nothing to do wit my internal network. This just started happening about a week back. And it happens only once a day at the same time. 

Not that it helps... But I have eero as wifi in my house, I have disabled ATT Router WIFI completely. Since the start (a year back) this has been my configuration. So what changed now?

Scholar

• 

96 Messages

6 years ago

@vfpete What model RG & what version is your firmware?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Manufacturer         : ARRIS
Model Number       : BGW210-700
Software Version   : 1.5.12
Datapump Version : A2pvbJ042p4.d26q_rc1a
Hardware Version  : 02001C0046004D

It just went down (same time as before) while I was responding. I was at home this time. There was nothing out of the blue that was going on in my house when the internet went down! 

Scholar

• 

96 Messages

6 years ago

@vfpete

Let's hope they keep that version in GA & out of MI.

System Information
ManufacturerModel
NumberSoftware
VersionFirst Use Date
Time Since Last Reboot
Current Date/TimeDatapump VersionHardware
Version
Legal Disclaimer
ARRIS
BGW210-700
2018/01/26 01:15:34
02:19:39:03
2018-04-22T15:12:56
A2pvbJ042p4.d26q_rc1a
02001C0046004D
Open Source Licenses

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

@jjgk, you might be on to something....

From what I understand, the firmware upgrades are automatic and there is no way for end user to prevent them. I am extremely disappointed at how ATT is handling this. I still do not understand the time component of the occurance of the  issue. Unless someone has hacked into ATT and altered the firmware upgrade to introduce a virus that is causing this. 

I would have imagined they have subject matter experts who can easily diagnose this. 

p.s. Why don't they revert back to the old firmware till they figure out the fix instead of making the customers suffer!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.