Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
qa89089's profile

• 

13 Messages

Sunday, June 11th, 2023 4:14 PM

ATT Fiber high jitter/latency

Starting Friday morning we were having trouble with streams buffering, taking a while for images/clips to load while connected to the wifi on phones, and while gaming there would be a large delay or rubberbanding. I contacted support a few times yesterday, was told by one agent there is a outage in my area, the next agent said there was no outage but a networking issue and they made changes to my router and said that should fix it, and the third agent said the "everything looks good such service line quality, intermittent line, server sync, except the router communication sync" and they want to send a new router.

To expand on the issue, when I run a speedtest, the speeds are consistent at 300+ Mbps but the download latency is all over the place and gets to over 1500+. The device speed test on ATT can have the jitter at .1 when I run it once, to over 1400 when I run it 30 seconds later.

I am not very good on the technical side of things but I downloaded ping plotter and tried to ping google.com. Here are the results. Is anyone able to provide insight on what this issue is? I do not believe this is due to anything on my end and it appears there is an issue with ATT.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

1 year ago

Does this happen with other selected servers, or just Enzu.com.  (I'm not sure that's a question we can legitimately ask now that Speedtest uses multiple servers to try to overcome bottlenecks on its side).

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Speedtest appears to change the server occasionally when I go on it, and like you said before I run a speedtest I see there is a multi and single connection option, but below is a test I just ran for a different server. Download and upload is always consistent but the latency is all over the place. I did one more test, second screenshot, and this is the first time I've seen this low of a download or upload on speedtest.net as it always shows 300+, although I've seen it on the att speed test site before, third screenshot from a few days ago.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.