For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
seanybear35's profile

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

Wednesday, July 24th, 2019 11:08 AM

Closed

ATT email address not working

I have what looks like a normal att.net email address, but apparently it was not ever activated. As such, it is only used as a logon to my account. I have tried various ways (change password, setup account option, etc.) to make it an active email account to no avail. So far, representatives have been unable to assist.

Any advice is appreciated.  

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

5 years ago

Frankly, I'd avoid using the AT&T email service completely.  It's essentially Yahoo Mail and on a good day the service is quirky and unreliable.  On a bad day......well, you'll pull your hair out trying to figure out if the problem is on your end or Yahoo's end.  (Hint, it's always on Yahoo's end!)

And of course since it's technically not AT&T's service, good luck getting anyone at AT&T to do something about your issues. Over the years their attitude has always seemed to be that you pay them to provide an Internet connection and they just toss in the email service for free. So they have no real obligation to make sure it works. And since it's really on Yahoo's servers, even if they wanted to help they don't really have the kind of access to do anything meaningful.

Do yourself a favor and just get an Outlook.com or Gmail account.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hopefull this att article helps you to solve your problem. If you find further issue then comment  below after that we will helps to solve your problem.

To review your settings, select the gear icon:

Blocked addresses: Make sure you aren’t blocking addresses you want to get email from.

Filters: Make sure emails are going to the correct folder.

Confirm you havent been hacked. Your account may be compromised if you’re:

Missing emails Getting emails from your own email address

Getting complaints about spam coming from your email address

Seeing a display name that's different from the one you set up

https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1044974/

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

@okismay  Are you in training to become a member of the ATTHelp team?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.