Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Trinicom's profile

13 Messages

Sunday, May 5th, 2024 10:33 PM

ATT Business fiber using cascaded router with public IPs

Hey Gang,

I have ATT Business fiber internet with 64 IPs, using an edge router to manage the public IPs behind a BGW320-505 using Cascaded router.

everything is working great BUT I am seeing all of the traffic in the NAT table under diagnostics to and from my public IPs with NAT negotiated ports.

My question is the BGW320-505 really NAT translating ALL of the traffic to the public IPs?

I thought it was just using the private IPs as a route to connect the router to save public IPs

the BGW320-505 is saying max total sessions is 8192, I am sure we will go way over that if this is true.

the ultimate goal is to have my edgerouter to do all the routing decisions for my public IP block and use access lists in the router.

Cascaded router on

cascaded router address: 192.168.69.253

Network address: (my public ips)

subnet mask: (public IP subnet mask)

BGW320-505<>edgerouter<> switch for public IPs going to servers and a UI DMP with public wan for a private network.

13 Messages

13 days ago

When I do a nat test on my xbox series one behind my dmp it comes back as open and not double nat

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

12 days ago

If you have a Public Static block configured with Cascaded IP, then the traffic to the block is sent to the cascaded router (and received from the cascaded router) without NAT processing or even being inserted in the state table.

All traffic (even that sent through IP Passthrough) with a destination (or source) of the Public Dynamic address is tracked in the state table.

13 Messages

12 days ago

ah, so the max total sessions of 8192 is not relevant if it is in cascade mode?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.