For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
I

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, February 19th, 2022 8:00 PM

"Yahoo Mail !" is NOW the SENDER of every email I send from my online account as of Feb 13, 2020

Just recently (starting on Feb 13, 2022), the visible text of the sender of every email I send from my online ATT-Yahoo-Email account is "Yahoo Mail !" instead of my email address. 

I find this to be 1000% unacceptable, because all my sent emails will likely be viewed as SPAM by the receivers, since the recipients of my emails do not know any sender with the name of "Yahoo Mail !" .

I called ATT Support and talked to a technician and his manager.  Neither one of them has seen this before and indicated they have no ability to change this back to my email address as the sender.  I was told I was the first ATT customer to report this.

To be more precise, my email address is embedded in the the text "Yahoo Mail !" just as a link in text.

To repeat, I find this to be 1000% unacceptable.  If this is not fixed by making my email address the sender, I will be forced to abandon ATT Yahoo Mail.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

I'm not entirely clear...what does the whole email address look like on an email you send.

The part before the @ sign is customizable. See attached example of where that's controlled, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're saying.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I have had my present ATT email address for over 20 years. 

The problem is not with my email address.

The problem is "Yahoo Email" has decided to advertise their name by making "Yahoo Email !" the sender of every email I send from my online email account, which is located at https://mail.yahoo.com  .

The text in the sender field of each email I send via my online email account is structured as...................:  

Yahoo Email ! <my correct email address> 

If I send an email from my computer's email client, text in the sender field is.............:

My Name <my correct email address> 

I hope this clarifies what my issue is.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Ok, so the solution is where I highlighted in my attachment. 

To get there on your Yahoo account, log in and the click the Settings (gear icon) in the upper right corner of the screen.

Click More Settings in the menu that pops up.

Click on Mailboxes, then click your account in the Mailbox list.

That will open up in the right side of the window and you'll see where "Your Name" has Yahoo ! instead of your real name.  Fix that field and click Save and you're good to go.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you, that fixed it!!

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Great! 

Makes you wonder how it got changed, huh.  Oh well, Yahoo oddity, must be a day that ends in "y".  😁

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.