Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jaydippatel2009's profile

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 27th, 2022 2:19 PM

Rewards being promised prior to purchase and later denied with reason system wont allow it.

I double checked about promotions prior to placing order and I was told I will get all promotions applied and my cart actually showed everything, however I was told I will have to wait for 1 month of service. Post to which, when I called them to apply my promotions as it did not apply automatically and let me claim, I was denied for one of the promotion and simply left on my own to do whatever I feel right. I also reached out to billing department requesting for bill credits and they said ticket was logged and should be resolved in 5 days. post 5 days, when I am reaching out, I am told there is no such ticket in the system or under the account so I wont be getting any credits either.

This is very simple strategy to convert potential client to a confirmed customer with such promises and later just leave them on their own to figure out between different departments like rewards, billing, sales, loyalty to spend time and at the end give up without actually getting resolution.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Talking to supervisor level at rewards dont help either. they just bail on you once you become customer. I spent literally a month following up and every time they just try to fool you in circles with different excuses.

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

So so many people have gone through it we have gone through in regards to the rewards card. I've been waiting 5 months for mine. I'm not playing their games anymore. I'm not wasting my time anymore with them. I will get my rewards card. I have filed complaints with the FCC with the better Business bureau and with the Illinois attorney general. And I'm going to call the media. I feel 5 months is ample time to give this disgusting company to send me my rewards card. I've been doing a lot of research on this, and there are literally tens of thousands of customers that don't get the rewards cards, don't get reimbursed, and don't get credits to their accounts. We all get the runaround, hung up on, sworn at, argued with, put on hold for hours at a time waiting, been promised what we deserve. Would AT&T does is want you to give up on what you deserve as a customer. This is why they are rude and obnoxious. They know if they are like that, people will walk away, and feel that it's not worth it, or they are not going to get what they deserve regardless. No no. I am done here playing their games. Since January 13th I had my upgrade turned on to fiber optics. It's now May 3rd, and no rewards card. I have told billing that they had better noted on my account that as long as I do not have possession of a rewards card, there will be no payment on my account. The last comment I received from a representative that I talked to, was, "I don't give a (Edited per community guidelines) if you get your rewards card or not". That wasn't nice Kristen. Doesn't matter if they find her in reprimand her or not. I'm keeping very clear specific notes everyday. It's up to them no rewards card no payments. Let's see what the Illinois attorney general's office, the better Business bureau, and the FCC have to say. And WLS news. (I know people there). I WILL get my rewards card.

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Don't give up and don't stop file complaints with the FCC, your state's attorney general and the better Business bureau. Doesn't hurt to call the media either. Get what you deserve. They want you to give up.  They want us all to give up. Don't you dare!!!

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Fight to get what you deserve for your account. Fight and file with the FCC, your state's attorney's office, the attorney general's office, and the better Business bureau. And also the media. They want you to give up. Don't.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have been taking notes of all ppl I am talking to at rewards center as well as billing department and loyalty department too. Thats best to make them accountable about what they promise and then defer. its quite simple business trick - convert the client prospects into actual client, have them use service for couple of months and earn the business and then let them go and get new clients so that they can showcase their sales goals to their stakeholders too to keep company in good highs at wallstreet.

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Exactly and I am going after them with everything I've got and all my resources that I've got. I will win this fight

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Oh and also for every month I don't receive my awards card I don't pay my bill. And that is noted on my account in the billing department. I am expecting a $100 rewards card. Therefore I will only be paying for 2 months. January 13th was the beginning of my wait for this rewards card I did not pay for my internet January February March April I paid may I did not. For every month I do not receive my gift card I will not pay my bill it is that easy.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

2 years ago

Oh and also for every month I don't receive my awards card I don't pay my bill. And that is noted on my account in the billing department.

That's not how it works.  If you refuse to pay your bill, it will eventually be turned over to collections and it will affect your credit rating.

Neither the collection agency nor the credit bureau care if you did or didn't get a rewards card.  All they know is that you refused to pay your bill.

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

They can feel free to send me the collections and do whatever they want they can come after me do whatever they want but I don't think they'll disconnect me if they have complaints about me I don't think so. I won't be disconnected

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

2 years ago

Uhhhhhh....I'm pretty sure if you REFUSE to pay your bill you WILL lose your service.

But good luck with that plan and keep us posted. 😀

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.