Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
EzDad's profile

9 Messages

Monday, February 5th, 2024 8:03 AM

Device Attacked Blocked

Last night my Smart Home Manager along with ActiveArmor detected and stopped 142 “Device Attack Blocked” Denial of Service attacks one after another in succession while on my iPhone 14 Pro Max. The attacks started at 9:44pm and ended at 9:58pm. Clearly someone or some group was sending me a message. Is there a way or someone at AT&T that I can talk with to find out where these attacks originated from? Is there a setting in my Gateway that will prevent this from happening again? And my last question is while I would love to know why I was targeted, I would like to know how this happened?  I know that it has something to do with my IP address I’m just not sure how the attacker got it. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

3 months ago

That message is saying that your device called Samsung was using the network in a way it deemed suspicious.  It could be there's malware/bot on your Samsung device.  It's more likely that the heuristics in Internet Security is making a mountain out of a molehill.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

3 months ago

I'm not surprised.  I expect a lot of false positives from this software (and probably some false negatives).

ACE - Professor

• 

5.5K Messages

3 months ago

Before you get too carried away, I’d make sure your iPhone is connecting to the network with a consistent and known MAC address.  iPhones have a security feature to randomize the MAC. I disable the option when I’m on a known trusted network.  

9 Messages

3 months ago

Are you referring to a VPN or MDM solution? And I really need to get carried away and do something. This attack wasn’t random bots searching for weaknesses, this was a full blown cyberattack that lasted 12 minutes. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

3 months ago

Did you happen to save any screenshots of the messages you were getting?

9 Messages

3 months ago

142 of these alerts in succession. 

9 Messages

3 months ago

The only Samsung device I have in my house is my Television. Were these DoS attacks directed at my Samsung TV???

9 Messages

3 months ago

@JefferMC Well scanned my TV and no Virus or Malware 🤷‍♂️

9 Messages

3 months ago

Yeah, I’ve been in Supply Chain many years and have purchased software agreements and updates and am aware that no system or software is perfect. But 142 imperfect alerts? 😳

9 Messages

3 months ago

@JefferMC Hey, I only looked at the first two notifications and my spidey senses went off and the first two notifications are my Samsung TV and the remaining 140 notifications are from my iPhone. Now what do I do m? Have any suggestions?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.