Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
Critter234's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 18th, 2016 3:40 AM

ATT.net won't pull up login and/or e-mail - keeps trying to load, redirects...inconsistent results

I need help with a att.net problem please.

When I go to att.net, the page commonly takes so long to load that it eventually times out. If it does come up, I click on the e-mail link and it goes on to take forever to load again. Sometimes a page will come up, but it's been redirected to the att.com page.  When that happens I can sometimes get lucky by loggin in and while that takes forever to open, i open another tab, which shows me as logged in.  Then, I can click on the e-mail or login link, which lets me into my e-mails - but not always.

This has been going on for months on 4 different computers both at home and work with different operating systems, on several browsers - for both myself and my son. Page loading is not a problem with other websites.  Our main browser is  Firefox, and we use AdBlocker Ultimate, and AdBlocker Plus with Webroot as our anti-virus program. Other e-mail programs like gmail work fine.

We are about ready to dump att.net and switch all our accounts over to gmail.  Anybody have any ideas on what the problem is and/or how to fix it?

Thank You!!!

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @Critter234,

Just real quick, have you tried to disable the adblockers to see if you could browse to the site? Because I have seen similar problems due to the way yahoo serves up the ad's. Also which URL are you trying to go to first? Try http://att.yahoo.com 

If none of that works, what happens when you click this link https://98.138.79.21 (thats the one of ip's for login.yahoo.com)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.