For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Z

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 1:01 PM

Closed

You are not allowed to make dialed carrier calls

Specifically when I make calls out it rings once and then I get the message "You are not allowed to make dialed carrier calls" and then hangs up. This happens at different times a day, sometimes once or multiple times a day. All dialing different numbers.

This has been happening for at least 6+ months now and impacting me making calls. I have called tech support 20+ times and no one can figure it out after multiple tickets being created. I have had my network settings reset 8-9 times, changed my phone number, switched phones, new sim card, everything that I could think of.

Any help? Please.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

The customer you are trying to reach isn't accepting calls at this time

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

Not enough information.
What phone, make and model, and if carrier branded, which carrier?

• 

8 Messages

@lizdance40 I did put tags in, not sure where they went. I have an iphone8 and it's not carrier branded

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

Tags are for people searching the forum. They do not show on posts.

Make sure your phone is up-to-date and running the current iOS.

Switch to a different network band. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE and turn off Enable LTE, 4G, or 3G (this option will depend on your carrier and device model).
Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn it off.
Check your Do Not Disturb settings. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and make sure it's off.
Check for any blocked phone numbers. Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts.
See if Call Forwarding is turned on. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and make sure it's off.
Check to see if Silence Unknown Callers is turned on. If the setting is on, a caller must be listed in your Contacts or Recents. Or they must have shared their number in Mail or sent you a message using that number in order for their call to go through. Add their number to Contacts to ensure the phone rings. Calls from some third-party apps might not go through.

Have you tried your sim card in another phone? If your sim card works perfectly in another phone then your phone might be the problem. If the problems persist in another phone, then most likely there is a problem with your line or account.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

8 Messages

My phone is up to date on the latest software and carrier updates.

I have turned on and off LTE in the settings as well as toggled airplane mode. Do not disturb is off, I have no blocked contacts, call forwarding has never been turned on, I do not have silence unknown callers on. I can receive calls just fine. It's just sporadically when I make calls do I receive this issue.

Yes, my sim card is working fine. We tested it last week. I had the phone and sim card replaced three months ago and I've been having this issue for 6+ months.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

That leaves the phone or account.

Have the phone been tested with a different SIM card? If the phone works with a different SIM card then it's your account that's messed up

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

8 Messages

Yes, I have had this happen with two separate phones.

Is there anything I can check with the account? I have spoken with tech support more than 20 times and have been no help.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

We have exact same problem.  

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am beginning to wonder if this could have something to do with WiFi calling. I had it turned off on my phone after AT&T put in a new SIM card for me, and when it was off, I had no issues with it. Now that I've turned it back on (we have a very weak cellular signal at the house), I'm having the problem again, particularly with incoming calls. For what it's worth... 

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

LOL sorry but this is a new AT&T feature.  They most likely turned off 3G in your area and most likely turned on 5G.  5G signal does not penetrate building very well at all so the best plave to connect one 3G close to the center of an open parking lot with a medium to high amount of traffic (Not an abandoned office park or mall)  If you have a 5G enabled device you can now connect from the parking lot!

Just think of not using cellular service inside of a building as a bonus feature you didn't think you wanted!  Don't worry about switching carriers though, the big 4 in the US. all had a private meeting and decided to turn off 3G completely by 2022!  [EDITED per Community Guidelines]

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

@JonIn901

Try forcing it.  Turn on airplane mode and then turn Wi-Fi back on and see if your Wi-Fi calling makes a better connection

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This is yet another ATT problem, like delayed voicemails, that they seem unable to fix. Extremely frustrating. I have the problem today.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

It isn’t the phone, sim or service. It’s a robo caller, internet phone number and they have an auto attendant on return calls. It’s a collection or outbound solicitation. Simple really 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Had the same issue its not your carrier its your internet ,I cleared my grandsons phone 1. Turn your internet off ,,2 restart your phone with the internet off ,,3 when phone comes on turn internet back on then reset your phone ,this how I got his phone to clear

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I tried calling my grandsons phone and got that message ,,this how I got to work ,,1 turn your phones internet off,, 2 restart your phone after a min or two ,turn your phone back on ,,3  turn your internet back on ,then reset your phone again ....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.