For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
reeyaz2006's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, December 8th, 2016 2:06 AM

Why ship refurbished device when order was placed for a new one? Why cheat customers?

I placed an online upgrade order for an iPad Pro and received the device yesterday. I walked into the Apple store to purchase Apple Care+ since i have it on my other Apple devices. I was shocked to be told the device i purchased online via ATT a couple of days ago wasn't eligible for coverage since it was a refurbished device sold 8 months ago! I walked into my nearby ATT store to check and the representative was so arrogant that she wanted me to call customer care since the product wasn't sold in her store. I demanded her help me atleast to get help from customer care. The customer care representative on the phone was asking me 'why did you do to the apple store?' And said since you've already done it and identified the device is a refurbished one, she asked me to send it back and wait for the new one to arrive. I was so upset that i walked out of the store thinking i could reach out to someone in the ATT who would help but again the online chat representative redirected me to the store saying they should replace the device. 

For being a loyal customer of ATT for the past many years, this is what i get! Is there someone in ATT Escalation team who can help me here? 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

I'm confused. Didn't they offer to send you a new one?  What do you want someone in an escalation team do?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

No. They asked me to take it to a nearby store. I tried that, the store rep are not ready to arrange a replacement since it wasn't sold by them and redirecting me to customer service again. Basically making me run in circles. I need someone help get this fixed and no one seem to help!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Even after several followups and getting an escalation case raised, nobody bothered to call me to help. They just keep pointing fingers on other groups and say i need to wait. Usual turnaround time for an escalation being 2-3 business days, its been more than a week. Paying for a device that is sitting idle without being used since i dont want to risk breaking it without any protection plan. Lost all hope that someone will help!! 

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Where did you order from? Because online Certified Like-New devices are always marked as such.

https://www.att.com/tablets/ipad/ipad-pro-9inch-refurb.html

For example, this one is labeled as Certified Like-New.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

The one i ordered wasn't a certified like new. In the site, i selected a new device whereas the one that got delivered was a refurbished one.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Well if so I'd return it during the BRE period and order again.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

7 years ago

@reeyaz2006 wrote:

The one i ordered wasn't a certified like new. In the site, i selected a new device whereas the one that got delivered was a refurbished one.

Most likely AT&T online was sold out of brand new iPad Pro,  probaly somebody sent you "refurbushed" instead. Better to returned it while it's in "Buyer's Remorse," suppose to have return tags in shipping package. You can try online "chat" if having problems.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I called customer service several times. Representatives either hung up on me or they said they need to transfer the call to the other dept and put me on hold. Even when I get hold of someone and explain the problem for like 10 mins all I hear is they can't help and it has to be taken up by some other dept. I even got a couple of 'Escalation' case numbers but they all sit there in the system without an update. I even switched my other phones to Verizon after going through so much of frustration and yet ATT don't seem to worry so much as I'm just another customer. A drop in an ocean. Even now I'm on hold with customer service as I type. Don't even have a remote hope of someone helping me. The struggle continues!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.