Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Maaari's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 7:11 PM

Why does my iPhone 6 hang up automatically after 1 hour and 30 mins?

Why does my iPhone 6 hang up automatically after 1 hour and 30 mins?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Maaari

I’d be happy to help with your calls! Are you a GoPhone customer, or using one of our Postpaid accounts? This could be a precaution to ensure that accidental calls do not use up all of your minutes/balance. As an example, if a call was accidentally made and was allowed to continue for several hours, that could result in quite a hefty bill!

I hope this helps!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

I rememebr an incident many years ago, when I had a Nokia "candybar" phone for work. I had a support issue in the middle of the night and was on the phone for over an hour. The phone got so hot that it shut itself down. I know that newer smartphones will also do similar if they get too hot, so it is possible that you were using the phone so much, that if it was also connected to a charger that it overheated and shut down the cellular radio to try to lower the temperature.

I would suggest that you check with Apple to see what they say. It is possible that the iPhone 6 could have a bug that causes that, but I suspect it is probably more related to the phone overheating.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.