Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Iphone615's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 29th, 2015 10:30 PM

VERY FRUSTRATED

When I plug my iPhone 6+ into ANY charger (auto or wall) approved apple chargers or other a message pops up on the screen "this accessory may not be supported". Why does this happen? It worked fine until recently phone is only 4 months old.
I would send my phone in for repair but have heard that people get "refurbished" phones for replacement and they are worse than the one that was sent in. And they are stuck with replacement.
Solutions??

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

You can go to an Apple store and they may be able to repair your phone.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

You talking about Apple approved 3rd Party chargers? What happened to original OEM charger that come with phone? If you go Apple, get new charger, go from there.😳

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Iphone615 wrote:
When I plug my iPhone 6+ into ANY charger (auto or wall) approved apple chargers or other a message pops up on the screen "this accessory may not be supported". Why does this happen? It worked fine until recently phone is only 4 months old.
I would send my phone in for repair but have heard that people get "refurbished" phones for replacement and they are worse than the one that was sent in. And they are stuck with replacement.
Solutions??

Try checking the charger port for pocket lint.  My wife had that problem with her iPhone 5 and every time we found that the charger port was full of pocket lint.  I used a new, clean, dry tooth pick and cleared the lint from the port and it would be fin again for a few months until it had filled up with lint again.  Now with ehr iPhone 6, she has an Otter Bod Commuter case with a flap that covers the port, so she doesn't get the pocket lint in it any longer.

As for refurbished vs new, I used to work for a company that did distribution services and Apple was one of our customers.  I learned from talking to our Apple reps that they suggested buying refurbished instead of new all the time.  Apple refurbised devices are all tested/certified to a higher standard than new devices, and every refurbished device is tested vs one per "lot"  or "run" for new devices.  In general, a refurbished device will have fewer chances for a defect than a new one.  When given a refurbished device from Apple as a replacement for a new one, the refurbished deivce will have a warranty equal to the remaining warranty on the new device.  If the remaining warrany on your original device is less than 90 days, Apple will give you 90 days warranty on that refurbished device, so you are guaranteed to have at least 90 days warranty coverage on any refurbished device.  If you purchase a refurbished device from Apple, you will only get the 90 day warranty instead of the full 1 year, but you also pay less for it, and if purchased from Apple, you can also still get the AppleCare+ warranty extension to cover you for an additional year.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.