Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
A

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 28th, 2021 9:10 AM

Sim Failure

I have had my phone for a little under a year. In August I began getting messages saying “sim failure”. I wouldn’t receive texts or calls, unless from an iPhone, and I couldn’t send any texts or calls unless to an iPhone. Frustrated, I went to At&t to get a new sim card and was told all At&t phones went out in my area. Since then my phone KEEPS GOING OUT. I’ve missed important phone calls and texts because my phone has been having this issue. 
Seriously considering switching services. Has anyone had this issue and been able to figure it out?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

3 years ago

You mean they didn't replace your sim card for you? This message in case there's a problem with the SIM card not an outage.  If it were an outage you would get a no service symbol in the notification bar and nothing would work, no data, no voice. 

Get the SIM card replaced. If this still occurs then it's a defect in the phone, in which case you need to replace the phone with insurance or warranty

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

@lizdance40  Originally that was what I was going in for; a new sim card. However, when I arrived the worker informed me that all phones went out in the area. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

seems you visited the wrong store or talked to the wrong rep, go back in and insist they replace it even if they tell you again theres an outage 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

3 years ago

@Amuser   so your phone went out in August, and has been on and off intermittently for the past two months and you're going to let the store slide with that story?   Naw.  

Even if there was an outage in August, it does not explain why your phone continually has this same error message, rather than 'no service'. 

That is not indicative of a cellular outage, it's a bad sim card or a bad sim card reader in the phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.