For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
frakthegods's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, October 3rd, 2015 9:42 PM

Question about GoPhone and the iPhone Upgrade Program?

So I'm wanting to go through the iPhone Upgrade Program with Apple but I hear I need to activate it with a service at the store. So at the moment and for around 2 years now I've been using the GoPhone pre-paid plan. I'm not tied to any contracts or Next or anything like that, I've only been using my number with factory unlocked phones, so the question is, if I reserve an iPhone with Apple, walk into the Apple Store and hand them the SIM will that work?

I can't afford the expensive monthly data plans on top of the cost of the device, nor do I really need data anyway.

I read on Reddit that I could do one of the expensive plans for a month and then switch back to GoPhone but I can't figure out how that would work.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @frakthegods

If you are not wanting the monthly installment fee or a 2 year contract which both require a postpaid account, you can walk into Apple and pay full price for the device and it will work on your current Go Phone plan.

Thanks,

Charise

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

If I went with the $20 Mobile Share plan would that work with their Upgrade Program?

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Charise, what about the OP’s post didn’t you understand? They obviously stated a money constraint..

Leave it to at&t to continue to screw their customers. I’m not even surprised. It shouldn’t make a difference if you’re on the gophone plan. We’ve been using it for years and now this roadblock. Hence why we’re bailing on all that is at&t because we’re sick of their garbage fine print, hidden fees, and horrible customer service. Xfinity beats uverse, and T-Mobile and Verizon beat at&t wireless by FAR. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@rylawson Not sure why you are criticizing ATT for Apple’s finance program. They are the ones who limit it to postpaid accounts, not ATT. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.