For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
timd1998's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 4th, 2023 2:56 PM

Phone lock

My phone got robbed and I needed to block it. We rang yesterday when in work and activated a new sim but the phone still seems to be operational. As it is the weekend i can't get my phone to ring at&t so need to do this online. IS there someone I can contact ?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

How does a phone get robbed? I presume you mean stolen. If you activated a new sim, the sim in the stolen phone has been deactivated. If by “still operational” you still see the phone in “find”, you can also remotely disable it by putting it in lost mode and/or erase it through “find”. You can also report it lost/stolen online through your account or suspend service but if you’ve already activated another sim, no need to suspend service.

ACE - Master

• 

10.5K Messages

1 year ago

Not exactly sure what the situation is.  You phone got stolen, and you reported it stolen, or need to report it stolen?  You got a new SIM and did what with it?  Put it in different phone, I assume?  You say the phone still seems to be operational.  What phone, the one that was stolen?  Or do you mean that your other phone that you put the replacement SIM won’t work?

There is no one specific number to call.  You can call customer service at the CS number.  You can chat online with AT&T if you have an account.  Also, the vast majority of AT&T corporate store are open during the weekend, so you can go to one of them.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.