For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
I

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 8th, 2021 11:57 AM

Messed up my order

My son is an airman in the Navy who also has COVID right now.  He cannot leave his home.  His old phone died and I placed an order for a new on on ATT website FOUR times.  Each time they confirmed the order by sending me a verification code, which I sent back.  They confirmed the order with emails.  They then promptly canceled the order each time about 20 minutes later.  Then I called and was online with a customer service rep for 1 hour and 20 minutes.  I was assured the order was fine and then after I received confirmation of this order, they promptly cancelled it again, the FIFTH time.  Mind you I always pay my bill ahead, etc.  I then called again, the sixth time and was on the phone for over one hour again with a customer service rep who asked me my son's address three times, verifying it the fourth time.  I told him the address and Unit number.  I asked them to address this attention of my son's name.  They promptly sent the phone address to my name, without my son's name on the label,  to a street address with no Unit number so this phone, a 1200.00 phone is just lost in limbo somewhere.  I was on the phone with UPS Saturday and Sunday who informed me that ATT blocks any address change, so I could not add the Unit number they left off; if they would have put it to attention of my son's name as I requested multiple times and was assured they did, he would have received it.   I do not believe that I have ever been involved in such a messed up scenario and my son still does not have a phone, but it sure showed up on my bill already - payment due.  I have spent about 5 hours on the phone just trying to get him a phone between ATT and UPS and about 2 hours on the website trying to order a phone.  How hard can this be?  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

AT&T will not deliver packages to a third-party address. The only valid name and address is the one on your bill (yours).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.