Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Tashasmom1234's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Thursday, June 29th, 2017 5:06 PM

Malware on iPhone 6

Recommend to me a good malware program along with an anti-virus or Protection Program for an iPhone 6? I have a terrible malware infestation in my cell phones the iPhone being the worst of all of them

Scholar

• 

338 Messages

7 years ago

I have never had issues with malware on an iPhone other than redirects from websites and Facebook. Not saying it's impossible, but Apple runs a pretty tight ship when it comes to their OS.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

I am having problems of settings being changed in all three telephones, files being deleted, photos and contacts being deleted all without my doing or permissions, started with only the iPhone doing these things so replaced it with a galaxy, ONE DAY LATER, all three of my lines are doing same behaviors and two of them are galaxy's one Nokia. Att international fraud told me that it is a malware or virus that has infected all of my lines by spreading through my router....

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

I am having problems of settings being changed in all three telephones, files being deleted, photos and contacts being deleted all without my doing or permissions, started with only the iPhone doing these things so replaced it with a galaxy, ONE DAY LATER, all three of my lines are doing same behaviors and two of them are galaxy's one Nokia. Att international fraud told me that it is a malware or virus that has infected all of my lines by spreading through my router....

Scholar

• 

338 Messages

7 years ago

Sounds like the iPhones were sharing the same Apple ID and when one phone was changed they all were. Of course that wouldn't apply to the non iPhone devices.

Have you changed your passwords? That would be the first thing to do.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

I did as I am the only person with account access. Since this has been going on, password reset requests have been pouring into my secure apps, Facebook, my bank, my email, all notify me several times a day that they have locked access to all of the above due to too many reset requests. (I went to a secure computer out of my network to reset all)

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

I did as I am the only person with account access. Since this has been going on, password reset requests have been pouring into my secure apps, Facebook, my bank, my email, all notify me several times a day that they have locked access to all of the above due to too many reset requests. (I went to a secure computer out of my network to reset all)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

iPhones are not subject to viruses unless jailbroken.  Androids unless rooted.  

If you are having problems it's due to account compromise

Secure all accounts with 2 step authorization. 

FOr google.   https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?hl=en

For yahoo.     https://www.lifewire.com/two-step-authentication-yahoo-1174470

Do this for Facebook and iTunes accounts also.  

2-step authorization prevents anyone from accessing your accounts without your cell phone for authentication code.  

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

I have owned the iPhone since brand new so I know is not jail broken, and my account HAS two step protection and the issues still continue

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

I have owned the iPhone since brand new so I know is not jail broken, and my account HAS two step protection and the issues still continue

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.