Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
mercklingd's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, October 1st, 2018 2:34 AM

Iphone 1 2G AT&T IMEI locked

Hello

I bought a 10 years old iphone 1 2G recently

I made a itunes complete restore, but I could't activate it because IMEI locked

Can you please unlock the iphone

I can give you the IMEI number later

I'm from France and I can't unlock it on your web site because I don't have an US phone number

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

Unfortunately you can’t unlock it.  Apple no longer supports the phone and has no way to unlock it.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

But the Iphone arrived working and unlocked, I just restored it under itunes, but then unable to unlock it it says SIM not supported

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

And it will make a nifty antique iPod Touch.    Apple does not support unlocking of the first iPhone.  And ATT has no 2g devices in its IMEI data base.  You’re on your own to find a solution (Which we can’t discuss here)

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

What solution can you propose ?

The iphone is like that

Iphone 1 bloqué.jpgItunes.jpg

2 Attachments

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

6 years ago

That’s the screen that says plug it into a computer with iTunes.  I’d do what it says and try that, however the picture seems to show that you do have a functioning cell signal, so how do you know it isn’t unlocked?  If it were locked to AT&T, it would say no service.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

OK it's apple who told me it was locked by AT&T but may be you are right

When I plus into itunes, then I have the screen saying the SIM card is not supported (the screen I send you before)

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

picture in englishimage.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

As written before:  You’re on your own to find a solution (Which we can’t discuss here)    

And even if possible, it will probably cost more than you paid for the phone.   

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 years ago

@mercklingd: You wasted your money buying 10 year old iphone, everything is all obsolete. You either get money back, or take the lost. AT&T had exclusive right with iPhones, when they came out 10 years ago, but current iphones works on most carriers. Apple Store sells “unlocked” iphones, also.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Hello

1 days ago I paid 10€ on internet to unlock the SIM lock from AT&T, but i don't know if it worked.

And also by looking on forums, I saw that It's important to clean the iphone connector, what I did.

Finally this evening, I try again to connect on itunes, and miracle, activation worked !!!

So finally I bought a 10 years old collector iphone 2G for 130€ + 10€ of unlock.*

It's an investment, I think in 10 years it will worth a lot of money.

You can find some brand new iphone 2G under blinster for 10000€

Thanks for your answer and patience

20181001_171648885_iOS.jpg

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.