Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
whicker90's profile

2 Messages

Sunday, April 28th, 2024 6:18 AM

Closed

International connection issue

My friend is in China with a postpaid AT&T phone. They are unable to make calls to US and I'm not able to connect calls to them, it rings then goes to voicemail. They have "international day pass" enabled. Tried turning the phone on and off. Tried a switching networks. Tried talking to an employee and support with no resolve. They have an iphone 13, I believe. What else are we missing in the settings? Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

14 days ago

@GeorgiaDeeDee Is this in reference to the International Data Pass (IDP)?  Or the international calling plan US to overseas?

IDP info link below. 

https://www.att.com/international/day-pass/

Free call number for support. 

Support for travel abroad
+1.314.925.6925
Available 24/7

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

16 days ago

Unless they blocked international roaming on their lines, or AT&T did because they are brand new customers, there's no reason an iPhone 13 would not work in China.  International day pass does not enable roaming all it does is limit what you pay to $10 per day or $100 per bill cycle for consumer accounts (there is no cap on first net or business)

I would recommend you call AT&T and see if they can explain why users on your account who are outside the USA cannot use  service

Attention: International Day Pass prices are changing. Starting May 14, you'll pay $12/day for one line and $6/day for each additional line used on the same day.

(edited)

2 Messages

16 days ago

Thank you for your reply. Just picking your brain here now, would the ActiveArmour mobile security be a reason why calls are getting blocked? I see that it's an add-on that can't be removed. I will try giving them a call again to see if someone else has another answer. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

16 days ago

Yeah not a fan of active armor. Take it off the line.  And then cross your fingers 

1 Message

14 days ago

I'm traveling to England and Scotland in a few days.  What is the customer service number if I have a problem with AT&T international calling plan?

Thanks!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

8 days ago

The number is in the solution post... 👓🔭🔎

You should add international day pass before you leave the United States. International day pass does not charge you unless you connect to a foreign network.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.