Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
lixiao's profile

3 Messages

Saturday, August 26th, 2023 4:26 PM

I don't know why my phone was locked

First of all, I need to unlock my phone. It was a gift from my friend, but I didn't know it was locked. I have been a fan of Apple phones for five years, and I decisively accepted this Apple phone. However, I cannot use it now, which is very sad. Therefore, I need to unlock my phone to restore my happy mood. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

9 months ago

Request it in the unlock portal 

3 Messages

9 months ago

I am very disappointed that my phone has notbeen unlocked

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

9 months ago

It doesn’t get unlocked automatically you have to initiate the process 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

9 months ago

If it was your friend's iPhone then make sure he removed it from his iCloud account. That takes care of Apple. Then, as suggested by @Constructive , go to the unlock portal and follow the instructions for unlocking your phone for AT&T. If you've tried the unlock portal, and your phone meets the unlocking requirements, then post back what the error message is.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

9 months ago

Moving to Wireless Forum

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

9 months ago

Your friend gave you a locked phone, plain and simple.  That’s on them.  You need to request an unlock via the online portal.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/

Note the eligibility requirements on the first page.  The phone won’t be unlocked if it’s not eligible.

3 Messages

9 months ago

我现在自己无法解锁。 我不知道如何 操作它。 我需要ATT官员帮助我操作它

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

9 months ago

Translated...

"I can't unlock it myself right now.  I don't know how to operate it.  I need an ATT officer to help me operate it"

As it says at the top this is a community forum. Even if it were not a community forum the reply from ATT help is going to be that you have to use the unlock portal. If you are not able to unlock it, then ask the person who gave it to you to unlock it.

And AT&T only removes the carrier restriction. If the phone is iCloud locked, that is a user lock which only the original user can remove. AT&T cannot remove user locks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.