For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Charly12  You must connect to iTunes to finish the unlock process that how apple sends data to unlock your phone. Since your phone has no service itunes is the only way to tell that the phones been approved 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, I am from Hong Kong and I bought the phone from eBay. The seller told me this was an att's phone and it was unlocked. But after receiving the machine, I found that I could not use the local SIM card. The seller even ignored me. Therefore, I entered the website and filled in imei application for unlocking, but the website showed "looks like we're already processing a request for this IMEI Check your request status for more info". In fact, I haven't submitted any unlock requests, but I still can't use my local SIM card. I've consulted att's customer service before and responded by asking me to wait five days to submit the unlock request again. It's been over ten days now, it still shows "looks like we're already processing a request for this IMEI Check your request status for more info" and the machine cannot use the local sim card.please help me

my iPhone imei ******

my email [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

4 years ago

file a not as described and get a refund from eBay. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I submitted by request to unlock my phone 11/26/2019. It is now 12/6/2019 with the phone still locked. The only status update was on 11/28/2019, and it only stated that AT&T needed more time. 

I'm at almost 7 full business days, not even counting Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving.

Is this delay normal? How can I get a status update?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi All,

I bought a used iPhone 7 locally using offerup app (which is like craigslist) and paid cash for that.

The seller had told me that it will work with ATT.

But, I am not sure how to identify if it is ATT prepaid (goPhone) iPhone or is it ATT Postpaid iPhone.

How can I identify that?

Also how do i verify that it does not have payments pending or is not financed?

Thanks in advance

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

Doesn’t matter, use it on either.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m trying to unlock my iPhone XR but when I fill out the form it says the IMEI # doesn’t exist.  This phone is paid for and disconnected from my plan.  What do I need to do? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am not an at&t user but I have bought a phone from my friend that is fully payed off, the phone is completely fine the only issue is I’m a Verizon carrier and want to put my SIM card in this at&t phone. I have requested the device to be unlocked multiple times and constantly get denied over and over. So I decided to go to the nearest at&t and the employees were so rude. I explained the issue and they basically said that there was absolutely nothing they could do for me, just to continue requesting it to be unlocked. I have done this over and over and it’s still deny after deny. Is there anything or anybody at at&t that can help me unlock this phone? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

If they did  that or do that, I need to know right now. If u had wanted to use a verizon sim then u should have bought a verizon phone. U must b trying to spy on her grab her sms, and track her, all of that is wrong. Dont do that

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Daviddd   Why is the unlock denied?   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.